Hows this for ridiculous..

Bronze Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 41
So I'm stationed at Fort Hood, Tx and just got back from Iraq so we are doing all these reintegration briefings and we had police officers come in from the outlining cities to talk just to tell us the laws that we already know but long story short I was talking with one of the police officers and was asking about how much a ticket is for "Noise Polution" and in the Harker Heights/Killeen/Copperas Cove area the fine is 2500 DOLLLARS!!!! I don't know if its that high in other places but I was always told they were c*ck suckers around here about sound systems but holy f@ck that's about half of what I'm paying for my whole set up. I don't know that just blew my mind I couldn't believe that sh!t!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 915
The fine doesnt fit the crime, you'll never catch me dropping 2500 on a noise ordinance ticket...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20113
I've seen $2000 fines down the Jersey shore. They'll impound the car if you give them lip too. And their definition of excessive noise pollution is subject to much interpretation. Unless they meter you from a specified distance and document it it's pretty much just an opinion. How much more irritating do you think your bass is compared to those who drill their bike's exhaust? I mean those bikes make children cry if they pull up next to you. They giggle as they pull off.

Won't see a noise ordinance ticket given to any of them.

Bronze Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 42
Yeah very true that's why I find that to be some crazy sh!t. I bs you not one of my sergeants was just listening to his music no system and he got a ticket it wasn't that much because it was couple years back but no joke true story! Really I hear all sorts of crazy stories like that on your 2nd or 3rd offense they actually take your box and subs, the police just don't like soldiers around here but whatever.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6325
I'm in Fort Worth and have never had an issues or heard anyone who has.. One friend in Dallas only got a ticket.. he took it to court and won.

His theory was how the sound is omnidirectional so how could the officer pick out a single car out of traffic and ranted about dB meters and how the officer did not have one or proof of excess sound.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2830
time to move...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6464
here it is if they can here it 25 ft away its illegal. its like a 250 ticket i think. i dont think there is anything here for exhaust. hell you can here my truck over 300ft hell probably more along with everyone elses and no problems with the cops.

Bronze Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 11
25 feet!? that sucks cuz all my friends tell me they can hear me from like a quarter mile away when i'm coming down the road (i live in the country so there isn't a ton of extra noise) and my system's nothing to brag about so all i have to say is that law's bogus

Bronze Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 43
Yeah I'm from Dallas and none of my friends have had problems there, but I'm telling you Killeen is no joke there just d!ck heads around here they just don't like soldiers, and the city is a piece of sh!t, it really is bullsh!it.
And luckily Mark my unit is moving to Colorado Springs, CO (Fort Carson) so I'm not worried about it.

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 989
D@mn! We dont have anything that rediculous here but they just started really cracking down on that around here
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us