Semi OT

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 490
i got $330 in bestbuy gift cards, what should i get? I need everything for my car but a HU. Throw some ideas at me guys.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2760
Try to sell them last time i went there i didnt see anything good.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2755
All you need to mdo is go into Best Buy and ask one of their car audio professionals what you should get to have a killer system. They are "known" for their great service, selection, and knowledge.

just so you know, I was being sarcastic. They are a terrible place to have anything done, and the equipment that is decent is WAYYYYYYYYYY over priced.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2756
get something for your computer, navigation, or gaming.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 444
How about some dynamat? I think they sell it a BB, its been a while since I've been there.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14772
im sure u can get something decent like alpine comps\subs ...

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3268
sell it. I got $45 for it :-)

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2762
They do sell dynamat 100 per sheet or something like that. Get a PS3.

Bronze Member
Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 51
Yeah the dynamat is like 100 per coupe door kit (12 sq ft I believe) there so it isn't worth it.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20057
Buy me something.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10076
I think best buy does sell alpine IIRC.

And Alpine is one of the few brands where you can by ALL your equipment from that brand and come out with a good system. So that makes it easy haha.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 491
I'd get gamin stuff but since I have no use my left hand still itd be pointless lol. I have some some RF comps up front right now so I could get some rear fills or a 2ch or 4ch amp. I can get stuff online too. I have all the computer stuff I need too. Got surround sound and all that. Got badass head phones too. Ill see wat the got in store tomorrow and post some ideas

Gold Member

Post Number: 2759
Get a 2nd monitor, By far one of the best computer upgrades you can do as far as price, productivity, ease of use, and bang for the buck.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10081
Then don't forget a second video card so you can use your 2nd monitor.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2760
if it a desktop and using intergrated graphics, then he will likely need a video card, but a laptop can usually get by w/o one if he don't mind using the s-video output (if equiped)

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10086
Two problems.... usually that output shares the video on the first display and is not independent, altough not always the case.

And the resolution of S-video sucks. Standard def TV. Nowhere near suitable for a monitor, which use even higher resolution than HDTV.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 492
i have a laptop, its got DVI and Svideo out, My laptop has a 17" screen so it does good. When i was at best buy today, the only car audio stuff i saw that i would consider was this infinity amp for like 150 and some Type R comps, and I'll put use the tweets it comes with up front instead of the RF tweets.

http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=REF475A&cat =AMP&ser=REF&Language=ENG&Country=US&Region=USA

also this alpine amp
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8699349&type=product&id=1199494646 190

any other ideas guys?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2764
I would seriously get another monitor, especially if you have a DVI output. It is not how big your 1st monitor is, it is what you can do with 2 monitors. I run 4 monitors, very convient plus the "wow factor" doesn't hurt either. lol Once you start running 2 monitors, you will miss it when not at your computer, trust me.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10088
With a DVI out it will work. Running 2 monitors that is, independently.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 494
I got a iPOD touch 16gig, its pretty cool, thanks guy, sorry for the slow response, i was out...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us