My first DB drag.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 609
So last weekend i went to my first Db drag. I hit 140.1 with a single 12" AQ SDC2.5 in a 2.9cubic foot box tuned to 36hz. it was powered by a fusion NV2500 at 2ohms(1300wrms). I want to achieve 145 with a single 12. so i need suggestions on what 12" sub to start with. also, i have seen some debate on what the sdc2.5 can handle daily and ive been giving mine 1300wrms for 6 months daily and it takes it fine.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1812
nice score man

scott s puts up sick numbers with 12s - im sure he can give you some kind of advice

Silver Member

Post Number: 610
i thought my score was ok given that its my daily setup. and it was on a TL. 80% of the class winners were installs by my shop.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2035
what kind of vehicle? fyi i had a aq sd2.5 on 600w and did a 145.1 on a burp and a mid 142 on music

Silver Member

Post Number: 611
it was in the trunk of a 2000 grand prix. anny suggestions on what i need to do. I layed with my settings today and it it a lot louder now than when i was at the db drag..

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2778
nice job

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11345
Nice job for a trunk car. What was your best hit frequency?

Silver Member

Post Number: 612
heres what the situation was. I came to the db drag late so i didnt get to register. Everyone was hitting like 135,138 and lower. I was like da** i hit that driving down the street with a single 12. One of the guys running the show heard me "talking crap" and so he stopped the show and said well where is your car. so i got in lane 1 and pushed play. I hve no idea what frequency it was. I didnt get my fulll 30 sc because the guy got made when i went from 120 to 137 on the second burp. so they kicked me out of the lane at 140 and i know i had room to go.

Silver Member

Post Number: 613
i was thinking about a fully loaded btl 12, and ~3kwrms. in the right box i think i can get close to 150

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1820
you will definitely have to do A LOT of testing

thats tough to jump up 10 db without increasing cone area and only doubling power

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2036
around 47hz is the freq. for that car. build a boxall the way to thr rear of the trunk, fire subs and port forward with alot of port area. like a 100 sq.and around 1.5 cf that should get you pretty loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 614
scott s. how much box volume am i looking at? i understand the 100sq and the 1.5cf (for the port)and are you saying 47hz is around the tone i need to play or tune my box.

Daniel the reason i think i can jump that much is because there are a lot of factors that will change in my car. right now i have a stock alt but i plan to upgrade to at least a 200 w/ a big 3upgrade. I also plan to upgrade my starter battery and add a battery in my trunk. I want to run around 2-3kw. but i want a single 12 setup. Also my box was just me throwing something together in 30 min. I will take my time the next go around.

Gold Member

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1824
ya man im not doubting you - im just saying that a lot of work and testing is going to be needed to jump that much

Silver Member

Post Number: 615
its more of a 6db jump because i got metered last night and im at 144db now that i changed settings on my headunit

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2038
1.5cf box volume 100 sq of port and tune it around 45- 47 hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 616
1.5cf is net right?

Gold Member

Team dc audio, Pa Usa