Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2392
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

They sound alright, but need more power.
I am currently running the passive with only 75 wrms going to them.. I am looking for the right amp to power these and to run them active.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 351
dare devil!!!!! jk lol. nice, have you "kicked" the driver side yet lol

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4603
are those qlogic? They seem to fit well for off the shelf. How do the ound, besides the lack of power? Do you like the sound coming from below like that?

I knew I would step all over those if I had them in my car.

Nice eq install..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2393
they are not glogic. They are custom FiberGlass(over mdf and bondo,ect) covered with black vinyl. Took forever because of the weather.
Wont be long till they get destroyed i'm sure. FTL.
As for sound. they can not be heard over the cadence comp set in door. I will need a bigger amp for them.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4604
IC, Well thats why I asked, cause the fit very well. Nice job.
What size amp do the require?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2394
I want to run 125 wrms to each woofer and ~50 wrms to each tweet.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4605
got any amps in mind? Also, do they come with a crossover? or are you going to run 2 amps?

50 wrms seems like a lot to tweeters.
What set of comps are they?

I would see about maybe running the tweets of the HU set to HP, and a decent 2 channel for the mids set to the freqs of them.
Or if the crossover is capable of sorting it out with a single 2 channel, or a variable 4 channel with seperate gain controls and freq settings for front and rear to set it up.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 2263
You know your hardcore when you cut your brake pedal to fit ur audio. LoL

nice job mark

Gold Member

Post Number: 2397
DDC6.5's by digital design. the tweets should be able to handle the power.. I'll likely try em on a lil alpine 30x2 first(tweets)

thanks Driz

Gold Member

Post Number: 2398
i have an old kicker zx460 witch puts out 120 x2 wrms @4 ohm bridged, but it utilises that d@mn removable module. But I do have a kicker 2 way crossover that I would be able to use for freq. cutoff. Any opinions?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4608
what module do you have for it?
If ita full range, you could use the external xovers with it. It all depends on what the module cuts.
So it looks like the DD comes with a xover. I would use that, as its designed for that set.

So I would see what the keeker amp freqs are with that moduale, and run the mids and tweets off it.
Or just run the mids off it and use the Alpine thru the DD xover for the tweets.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2401
correct me if i'm wrong but using the supplied crossovers would not be running them active. The whole point of running them active is to let the filters(built into the amp) have a gain control.
With an active crossover, the amplifier is connected directly to the driver, and the only thing between them is the speaker wire. The amplifier controls the maximum damping factor at all times, regardless of frequency, and is not affected by the crossover , since that is also active, and located before the amp.
that being said an amp would be needed for the tweets and an amp would be needed for the woofer.
my question is, would a multi channel amp suffice so long as each channel has is own crossover and gain setting? would a two channel amp on the woofers and a two channel amp on the tweeters still be considered running active of does each woofer and tweet have to have an amp. Seems like it wouldn't matter so long as each channel has a crossover and gain conrol.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3430
I really like how they turned out Mark. Good job. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1026
looks nice, now i send you mine and get started fooooool!!!!

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 135
i like how theye didn't answer his question lol.

mark i think that you're right on the amp controlling damping factor, but don't crossovers (EX:input, mid, hi) control which of the two channels (mid, hi) get what set of freq.?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2403
you are gonna have to rephrase that question. I dont know what you are asking... sry

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4609
Me. "or a variable 4 channel with seperate gain controls and freq settings for front and rear to set it up."

You. "my question is, would a multi channel amp suffice so long as each channel has is own crossover and gain setting?

"correct me if i'm wrong but using the supplied crossovers would not be running them active. The whole point of running them active is to let the filters(built into the amp) have a gain control."

Yes. But you havent stated what your amp is capable of. If its one of the modular keeker amps, it would need 2 of them, one for highs, one for mids.
So idk if that amp would be suitable for running active.
If its set to run mids, fine run the mids active thru it.
But now the tweets need an amp, and that Alpine you mentioned..Does it have settings? if not then you could use the xovers from DD to run then. Its not active, but with your equipment, thats the only way i see it working.

Now if you had a 4 channel amp like that did front and rear xover points and seperate gain controls, then you could run it all active off that.
I'm sere there plenty of them out there.

Just looking at my Diamond D3 400.4
It has
F/R gains
Front Freq Hz
Rear freq Hz
High/low/full switch
Source 2 Ch Bass/ 2 Ch/ 4 Ch
And also a switch for high/ low /full.

Now if I was using this active with your comps, I would have it set up like this.

Front gain..till it blended
Rear gain.. just before clipping
Front freq...2k +
Rear freq 60 + till mids top freq
Source... 4 channel
F Signal... full for front off HU
R signal ...Full for rear off HU
BB..0 to -12

Gold Member

Post Number: 2404
i found the problem with the amp i am using for the DD's. until i figure out which way i want to permently run my frontstage I will leave it as is.. The DD's get PLENTY loud and clear. They are currently being run passive with 90 wrms to each channel.

word to the wise. Dont try to set amp gains in the dark when tired. lol
I will likely get another DD comp set to replace the Cadence comp set in doors. But it is VERY loud and the imaging is not as bad as I thought it would be.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19778
I think they look sharp Mark.

Helluva post Marc.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4610
Thanks. I try..

now some one else will jump in and debunk me whole theory and make me look foolish. lol.

glad you got it sorted Mark..with a K

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11281
Nice work.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3183
Why no build log? The tread is only half as good as it would be if you had a build log!

Haha, good work man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us