Need help picking out a system for a buddy

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 927
Hey guys my good friend is away at Army Basic Training and he asked me to pick out everything he would need for a system so we can work on it when he gets back.

His budget is $1000 He needs everything HU,Wiring,Speakers,amp and Subs. He only listens to Rap so whatever we put in will be tuned to about 32-35hz. He doesnt know what kind of car he is going to get for sure, but it will have a good amount of space. Either a large trunk car or a SUV.

I was thinking about 2 15" AQ 2.5s and an AQ 1200, but you guys know more than me. He wants it loud.

If there is anything else you need to give out suggestions let me know.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1705
You would need something.. Atleast under 1000 watts rms.. Other wise you will need to dish out for a H/O alt which will run you $500... You can prolly get away with having that and the big 3 done, but i wouldn't take chances, so i'd say get a

Fi SSD 18inch Dual 1ohm you'll have the room you said.. You can choose to get Flatwindcoil and Bp power if you want

And an amp that can give it 800 watts
the AQ 1200 at 2ohms is about 870 rms

this head unit

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8299_Pioneer+DEH-P2900MP.html

For the speakers we will need to know what size and what car to figure out the size but until that thats what i got

If any one has any other ideas or a better amp feel free to correct me

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2142
why not just get dual 2 and run the AQ at 1 ohm...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9707
The 2.5s and AQ 1200 would be great. But don't tune them that low they need ~40 hz.

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1710
1200 rms.. wouldn't that Drop his volts thats alot of watts you know..

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1402
^depends on the vehicle.

Gold Member

Boca Raton, Florida

Post Number: 1711
yea lol We don't really know what Vehicle he is getting. I'm just tryin to play it safe.. Don't want him gettin this system and messing it up cause volts drop to low.. We know for a fact only 870rms won't really hurt.. and will be loud also
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us