ARE KENWOOD HEAD UNITS ANY GOOD ??????

Username: Twistedmetal214

San jose, California

Post Number: 9
i am up grading my sound system in my new car, but i really dont wanna buy a new head unit because this car already has a kenwood head unit..???
what should i do.??
thanks guys

-alex

Username: Curtisbhicks

Post Number: 2
well i just had the same problem as you lol. the car came with a kenwood headunit which sounded good with the factory speakers but as soon as i changed to aftermarket speakers it didnt sound all to great. the headunit i had also didnt have an sub out. decided to change to an alpine cde9884r which overall was ten times better.

Bronze Member

San jose, California

Post Number: 11
how much did you spend on the alpine ????

Post Number: 5
it cost me 180 pound... not sure what that is in dollars lol
its a decent alround unit, with full i-pod control. cd, mp3 nd that lot.
still looks good aswell.. i recomend

Bronze Member

San jose, California

Post Number: 12
ok great man thanks for the help...........what do u run with your system???? like what subs and speakers

Post Number: 6
im running a full infinity refrence speaker system- these are very good for the price.

i have a twin channel 1600watt inphase amp and two audiobahn 12" subs.

after reading all the sh** people have been giving audiobahn subs i did hesitate to buy them but im happy i did.if they arent powered to the maximum wattage they are very good and loud

Bronze Member

San jose, California

Post Number: 13
cool i like that set up.......yeh i think my final plan is to do 4 kicker speakers. the 6x9 and 6x 1/2 then use a kicker zx 750.1 amp with my L7 12" 2 ohm ......but idk what i wanna do about the head unit because that one you have is like 350 i think american sooo thats a little much but

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 672
they suck i think..just my opinion and there ugly as dirt..stick with pioneer and alpine

Bronze Member

San jose, California

Post Number: 19
yehhh thats what me nd curtis were sayin....... its just my budget is a little low.....what do u recomend for a head unit that sounds good in those brands ?????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us