Subwoofer box design

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 113
hey can someone make me a quick design i just want a box that will fit 2 12" re se subwoofers built to specs... its gona be in the back where the back seats were just the seats r folded up.... but i want the subs to sit on top of the box and dik what would sound best where the port will go... but can i have a few designs please

Bronze Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 30
TYYYYLEERRRRRRR....

jeez. umm. idk. does it HAVE to be ported until you get tha fisher box?

if not... just make a box thats like 36"x16"x18" (external dimensions with 3/4 mdf)... 2 seperate chambers for each sub... idk the specs for those subs, but that should be somewhere around 2.3 ft3 per chamber. thats DECENT for a temporary sealed box...

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 31
yeah and RE says that the SE series only needs 1 ft3 for a 12? you'll be fine for now with that design. make sure you caulk and pre-drill everything. good luck.

post some pix when your done.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3532
^^^^^
Oh... MY...Ignore all of that.

What kind of car do you have because i really cant follow your post...? Im guessing you want the 2cuft tuned to 33hz per sub specs from the website?

If you want a "real" box design it will probably cost you. Ill need to talk with you but i can probably make you one for 10 bucks if you give me more info on your vehicle. Not many people will take the time to do a correct box and will just give you specs off online box editors for free.

If you want to do it yourself REaudio.com has a box creator that is kinda accurate, i personally wouldnt use it but its close.

MisterLDR, lets go over a few things.

1st off he asked for a ported box so your sealed "box" idea is pretty useless.

2nd if RE says 1cuft per sub sealed why would you want it to be 2.3cuft per sub?

3rd do you even know if 36" is available is his vehicle or are you just throwing out numbers?

4th "yeah and RE says that the SE series only needs 1 ft3 for a 12? you'll be fine for now with that design." that entire statement gives reasons NOT to have a box that is 2.3cuft sealed per chamber.

5th please dont give out random info to anymore people, it not only makes you look retarded but it hurts the people reading it.

At least you box dimensions were somewhat close to being right, so there is hope.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 135
well im not trying to make you guys mad but im gettin and single fi q now but in not sure if i want a 12" or 15"... so thanks for your guys help

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 32
tyler, i didnt see that you said ported. my bad.

jake, " " + the last time I talked to him he said something about getting a box through fisher customs, and he said he didnt wanna build his own. im sure we all know what can happen if you attempt a ported box without any experience. i was just giving a temporary solution. 36" across fits in most vehicles, so i was just taking a shot in the dark. don't begger sealed boxes make for lower notes?

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1679
if you want a pair of 12's i have the exact box your looking for already built. 4 cubes net tuned to 34 hz, 62 sqin of port area. subs up port back.
$50 plus shipping. it measures in at 35x29x12.5

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 146
sorry that box is way to big i can only have a depth of 20" maxx... plus im looking for a single 12" box with a 2.5cubes and anywhere from 30hz to 33hz

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1680
i can build that.

Silver Member

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 149
no thanks im not gonna get till summer so ill let u know when i might get one from fisher customs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us