Tweeter Placement for components

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 317
I really want to remove my dash speakers and put my tweeters in there place. But ive heard its not good to have the tweeters too far from the door speakers. Is this true? Or will i really not notice a difference?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3054
what kind of car? and where are the dash speakers?

i know my dads car's bose system has the woofer and a mid on the door and the tweeters are in like the a and b pillars....

i remember reading somewhere that the pillars and the dash are like the best place for tweeters..

correct me if im wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3901
pillars are a great place because they are ear level. it all depends on the car. try it and see if you like it. if not try somewhere else. experimentation!!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 19444
Headphones.

High freqs don't like to be redirected or bounced off anything. The straighter the line to your ears the better.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2055
what vehicle?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3511
I like the A Pillars.

I fiberglassed mine in and then wrapped it in a mesh material that matched the interior.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 445
Jake I hate you.

...because I want your Aviator

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9303
" But ive heard its not good to have the tweeters too far from the door speakers. Is this true? "

It is true. The further away they are the more imaging problems you will have. That is why mounting everything in the kick panel is so popular in SQ installs. That, and the difference in distance from you ear to each speaker is less when they are in the kicks.

The problem with that is everything can sound to "low", so doors are usually the best mounting location for a daily system.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1150
jake that looks really nice but no way i would do that. its to high man. i tried my tweets all over and right above my 6.5s sounded best to me.

i think i have a pic

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1151
ok i don't have a pic its on my flash drive and id on't want to go outside ot my car.
its like an inch above them facing at an angle up. like the drivers side tweet is facing the pasenger and the other side facing the driver. i really could tell a difference when they were higher. it was almost like the sound was not as clean.

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
Car is 08 altima coupe and the speakers in the dash are right up against the winshield facing up. I really dont want to put them in my door cuz the color dont match and i think it would look tacky. And i cant mount the tweeter on the speaker. Now this is my first componenets i have ever heard so im not gonna know much about sound reflection or imaging problems, but if its gonna make a HUGE difference then ill do what i have to do.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3512
"jake that looks really nice but no way i would do that. its to high man. i tried my tweets all over and right above my 6.5s sounded best to me. "

Thanks for your expertize BLK but i actually have a tweet down low as well. To tell the truth my front stage system probably took longer to tweek/phase than your entire system did so be careful before you jump to conclusions.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4533
LOL. Once again. BLK pwn'd.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3055
"Thanks for your expertize BLK but i actually have a tweet down low as well. To tell the truth my front stage system probably took longer to tweek/phase than your entire system did so be careful before you jump to conclusions."

be nice jake haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
Sooo...will it be ok to place them in the dash??

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

You choose to be ignor...

Post Number: 1378
BLK trying to talk down to Jake has me rofling

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1166
hahaha. looks nice jake, longer than my entire system? idk about that i have been doing a lot of testing with the bass, i would really like to listen to something like what jake has

mark, the placment of the speakers will make a HUGE difference. i am no spl pro but all i can say is try different things to find what u like. i love the way mine sound but for some reaons it doesn't sound as good on the pasenger side and idk y.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9336
Mark C:
In my experience tweeters that high almost always sound terriable..... so yea keep em close to the mids.

Bronze Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 65
My friend just bought a box with the subs and tweeters in the same box and it sounds pretty good in the back seat of his Accord. He doesn't even bother with front speakers, not necessary he says. But IDK, he says he's a big audiophile, so you may not need to go that far.

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
Alright, getting hooked up today. Guess im cutting a hole somewhere in the doors, even though id hate too. Thanks fellas.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1168
don't listen to chris. only tweeters in the back sounds really bad.

i would try and try out the placement before cutting a hole

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14592
tweeter placement is a controversial topic & u will get a different answer\argument over it - its ur car put it where ever u find it sounds best ...

Bronze Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 67
That's true, don't listen 2 me. Tweeters in the rear only, is just idiotic. That post was a joke,...clearly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us