OT - Help please

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2673
Equipment:
2 RD 1750.1 strap
2 RE XXX

I've had this system connect for over 4 months. Everything was working fine but a few weeks back I blew a fuse on the amp. I replace it with another 40 fuse. The gain is only half ways up. If I turn it up it plays for a few min then the same fuse goes out. What do you guys think it might ne?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23016
usually when the fuse on the amp goes out, then the amp is bad. it needs to be repaired. contact chad geary at ob audio. he knows a place that repairs amps for a real good price.

Gold Member

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2674
Thank you for reminding me he has one of my amps. I'll give him a call. I'm going to get the truck meter once the amp gets fix.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23017
yeah good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3369
does it not have a warranty through RD? they are relatively new if I remember correctly.

Gold Member

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2675
Good thinking Thieves. let me check since i'm going to be gone for a whole month. I could send it in for repair if need.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9083
Yeah that usually means a damaged amp..... btw what electrical were those run on

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23031
he has a ho alt and an extra battery i believe. but yeah i like where M.S. is going with that question. usually that kinda problem occurs with insufficient charging.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1554
i think he has 2 altys

a stock and a HO but im not sure

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 9102
Indeed it does...

This is rather unusual to happen to a good quality amp on a good electrical system.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23032
well it is 3400+ wrms. after getting the amp fixed, i think you should invest in a voltage meter so you can monitor it. stinger has some pretty ones that mount up on the dash.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4479
Gus, if you are in town, hit me up! We should definitely work on those rear doors. You know me, no charge :-). Gas prices are low, you can afford to come down.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23034
what are you doing on the 27th berny?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4480
Working lol.

Gold Member

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2679
I got a 160/300 alt. YT under the hood and a ody in the back. I will for sure hit you up Berny.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us