Need help with wiring...

Bronze Member
Username: Mattbone

Post Number: 39
I have a Hifonics 1008 Zeus and two Kicker CVR 12" DVc 4 ohm. Correct me if im wrong but the way to get the most power out of this amp is 4 ohm bridged, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? Im not sure if wiring it to 2 ohms is better?

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 754
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42

yup wire it 4 ohms bridged

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
ha now im confused your talking about the first diagram on the page right? My amp isnt 1 ohm stable is whats confusing

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1656
go back to that link and scroll down.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
so its the second diagram? thats how my subs are wired now

Silver Member

Post Number: 755
then you should be good to go... like a crunch wrap lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Hmmm... That is the way I have it wired then I tried to bridge it and it killed my amp. I am taking it back this weekend and getting a new one so I am not sure what happened lol, Well i say killed, my amp would turn on but wouldnt push anything through my subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 756
check all your rca's and make sure they are tight on both the amp and the hu.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I have i even changed out the rca's. How should it be wired to my amp? maybe thats where i messed up? And its not the Hu or rcas because i have my friends amp hooked up right now and it works

Silver Member

Post Number: 758
Ohh i think i had a similar problem with another hifonics amp i was testing out for a friend. It would power up for a few seconds, then it powered off and/or blew my fuse. I took it into a local shop and turns out it was busted... You may have a similar problem. I would definitely take it back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Ya i am, Im just scared to try and bridge it again lol dont want this to happen again...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1657
what model amp is it.... you will need rca Y-adapters for the rca's.. If you hook them up the way you would not bridged than the output will not be suffice and cause overheating and premature failure

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Its a Hifonics Zeus 1008, i still get confused with wiring lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1660
http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/hifonics/pdfs/Zxi%2008%20Amplifier%20Manual.pd f

go to page 3 of the manual.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
so i just need to make sure i turn it on like that for the first time?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1661
page 3 in reference to hooking up your rca's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
oh... well my cousin helped me run them and he installs audio along with almost anything else for a ford house so he knows what hes doing, but my rcas are working fine with my friends amp, and they were working fine with my amp then i bridged it and it stopped woring, well it worked then all the sudden it stopped

Silver Member

Post Number: 761
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=42

you could try the top diagram and do it for each channel... If that doesn't work I would take it in.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1663
does the amp smell burnt?

Silver Member

Post Number: 762
if you dont smell anything at first blow into one of the vents and smell the opposite side... that sounds dirty haha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
haha ill try it and see if its burnt, at the time i didnt smell anything. and on the diagram you jsut dont wire up the opposite negative and positives?

Silver Member

Post Number: 764
not sure what you mean, but what i meant was just 1 sub per channel... not bridged.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
im talking about the diagram it has only two of the connections on the sub used right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 773
no. All of those lines represent wires.

Do it exactly as it shows... Not that confusing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1687
"but my rcas are working fine with my friends amp, and they were working fine with my amp then i bridged it and it stopped woring, well it worked then all the sudden it stopped"

Is the amp that is working bridged? Better yet what amp make / model is the temporary amp( your buddies amp)?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1689
all four inputs on your zeus amp should have rca's plugged into them..

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/hittinone/?action=view&current=untitled. jpg

after you open the link click on full size

Silver Member

Post Number: 776
Nice work Markie Mark

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
the amp im using at the time is not bridged its a crappy sony xplode 1/2 channel 1000 watt. i cant read it even if it is in full size...
but i have only 2 sets of rca plug ins.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1699
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/hittinone/?action=view&current=untitled- 1.jpg

click on full size again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
i only have one input and one output

Gold Member

Post Number: 1706
what happens if you were to wire the amp and sub(not bridged) at 2 ohm(one sub per channel). Would the amp work or is it not functioning at all?

As for the diagrams of the rca's... For some reason i thought you said it was a four channel amp... I see now that i was mistaken, i guess.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
ya its a two channel, if i were to wire it to 2ohms it still doesnt work... im going tomorrow to return it.i just kinda want to know how i should wire the new one for the most power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
i have my new amp about to wire it up

Gold Member

Post Number: 1710
let me know how it goes

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
well it was kinda a question lol. so wiring it to 4ohms bridged gets the most power, I'm pretty sure my speakers ar wired right for 4ohms but how do I hook it up to my amp? two in eah connector? the psoitives together and the negatives together?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1729
make sure with a DMM that the final ohm load is 4.. Then Hook speaker wires to the bridged Positive and the bridged neg terminals on the amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
well its hooked up right now unbridged, and a DMM? Im not positive if i have one... ill check but its wired the way that diagram says to be 4 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
nvm i have one i tested it and there is a knob to turn kinda and it says "ohm adj" and i dont know what it is for but it cahnges the reading... but its reading 1-2 ohms which isnt what the wiring diagram shows it should be? maybe my meter isnt working right

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
okay got another meter and it was 4 ohms, I bridged it and its quite a bit louder. my amp heats up verry fast now, I guess I just can't run it full blast all the time now lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1731
well what did you pay for that amp? I have 2- BXi-2005's(pushin' 2 18's) that I can teven get warm(no matter how long I have been bangin'). They will be coming out and for sell shortly.. Like next Tuesday

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
I got my amp brand new for 160$. I got a decent head unit, sub box, two 12 cvrs, my amp, and wiring kit for 425$ I just got this so i could have something till i save up money to do a blow through... i have a sincle cab colorado,(my plans are 3 15's already have the tonneau...) anther question, would it benefit at all for me to use spacers?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1734
wait... whae you say spacers, are you moving to a different subject...That amp is class AB circuitry so it will run a lil hotter than a class D amp.

How soon are you looking to do the blow-through? I assume the spacer you are referring to has to do with the bed-cab, cutout.. What enclosure plans do you have? what subs are you wanting to run... Are you going to compete with this setup?What are your sound goals with this setup? SPL, SQL, SQ? What kind of power are you wanting to run... 3-15's sounds very ambitious for someone with a zeus amp, and a bunch of wiring questions..lol.. Not trying to sound like a d!ck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
the spacers refering to the box in my cab that i have right now... the 3 15s set up is later down the road thats why i got what i have for now lol but i want to do a false wall in the cab, or just cut for a port not sure yet and a ported box in my bed mainly spl, may compete some but im not too serious about comps. i was thiking maybe fi bls possibly, get a Ho alt, new batteries, upgrade wiring and run 4000 watts or so. i know im not too knowledgeable right now lol but im def looking to learn some stuff and gain experience before i do the 3 15s.

and on my amp, i hooked it all up, tested it made sure it was 4 ohms, and then bridged it... it worked fine and today i was driving with my bass boost at halfway or 3/4s at the most, and my volume not too high maybe 70%, and something went wrong lol. its not working now, amp turns on, no output like before but i think it might be the subs or sub wiring this time... not too sure yet ill know more tomorrow, one reason i think it happend is i was running my gain and boost level too high on my amp but idk because my volume wasnt up high and it wasnt on for long maybe 10 min... hope to figure it out tomorrow

Gold Member

Post Number: 1753
clipped signal. FTL

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 491
no bass boost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
clipped signal... can that be fixed?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 4105
clipped signal = to little power supply for the amp or gain is turned to high but then again you should probally consider a mono block for the subs its more efficient and will take a better beating then a a\b amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1784
Matt, Your best bet is to find a lil 1000 wrm (1 ohm stable) class D mono amp.you can find them used fairly cheap... ask around.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4106
bp1200.1 on ebay.... ussualy sell for like 150-200 used.... i love those amps 1 and 2ohm stable at 1200rms rated but underrated ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4107
JBL bp1200.1 ***

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
ya, i know my amp isnt the greatest but i got everything at a good price. Ya my friend had one of the jbl1200 watt amps pushing 4 12 jbl 1000s... He spent lk 1g on teh whole system and it was way louder than all these kids that had spent 4gs and had a custom install one had 4 12l7s and 2 kicker1500 amps and then another amp for his components but my friends with the jbl amp killed it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
but doesnt the amp work afte it clips? my stopped but it was still on... then i turned off my truck unbridged it and turnded down the gain and boost level. still didnt work, also i need to look in side my box but the subs didnt do anything when i put a battery to the pos and neg wires...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4112
coulda blew out the channels... why would you hook up a battery to the subs? thats DC power it wouldnt do anything but smoke your sub or push it out a bit depending on the power... i would invest in a ohm meter first to find out what went bad... another way to test your amp is play some heavy test tones lick your fingers and grab the positive and neg wires with seperate hands :-) haha that would zap me when i couldnt find my DMM and i thought i had a amp problem but it was the sub.. haha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
the battery makes them push out a little bit. i have a dmm but didnt feel like getting it lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Ok i figured out what was wrong, Im not positive if it is the only problem yet because i havent hooked my amp back up but, im pretty sure it is. I took the subs out of the box and one of the wires going to one sub came loose somehow... and my other sub was blown, so that explains it lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us