Trying 2 install my subs 1st time ever need help

Silver Member
Username: Rds2oo8

MN

Post Number: 279
i got one long wire (16 ft) a ground wire (3 ft) the one wire that cuts into 2 seperate wires at each end (8 ft) n then one wire thats single its about (4 ft)

wonderin if i have everything theres wires coming out of the subs that r 2 wires then go into one wire n theres 4 of those i belive

i have a 4 ch amp had my alpine 9884 installed 2day they left the rcas n power cable out i think im a newb at this stuff sry just trying 2 learn hopin u guys can help

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 524
Well basically the power goes from batt+ to the amp. The ground goes from the amp and gets bolted to like metal in the trunk or some other place that is part of the vehicles body(must be touching metal).

I think the one that goes into 2 seprate wires are the rca's. Those go from the headunit to the amp. the single wire might be for your remote, but it seems awfully short THe remote goes from the headunit to the amp. then you wire the subs to the amp.

Hope that helps, but you had the amp installed and they didnt actually hook it up?!? I hope you didnt pay them to do that, because any @$$ with a drill can mount an amp. If you payed for that i would demand a refund or make them install the rest.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 280
no they didnt install the amp they just left out all the things from my head unit that u need 2 hook up subs but yeah the 2 seperate wires i dont think they long enough 2 reach my head unit cuz there like 8 ft long n i drive a 02 buick lesabre so its a big car i might just go buy a wiring kit from bb cuz atleast then i know i got everything i need my friend might come over 2day n install everything hes goin 2 college 2 b a sound engineer so he knows what hes doing i hope lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 525
We'll he might know what he's doin, but it wont be because he is gunna be a sound engineer lol... I know i go to an engineering school too. I wouldnt buy the whole wiring kit, because you could probably save some money buying the items separate. From the sounds of things it seems like you only need the rca's and the remote wire. Have your friend look at it. If he has or had a system he should know where everything should go and what you need.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 281
yeah everyone tells me its so easy but ugh i mean if someone can show me pics of what goes 2 what n has step by step what 2 do with pics im sure i can do it lol i might run 2 bb n check out there wireing kits n stuff

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1417
Just start hookin wires up.. It might eventually start working.

j/p

try this link

http://www.saxosportsclub.com/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=19731.html

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 284
ok so i hooked everything up except the battery wire my dads gona do that sometime next week i guess ugh

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 285
the 2 rca cables coming out of the deck were do those go theres 4 places 1 ch 2 ch 3 ch n 4 ch do they go in 2 of those? if so which ones?

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
ohh snap, just realized you're using a 4-chan.... are you hooking up subs, or just some speakers? I dont have experience with a 4-chan, but I still might be able to help.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 1424
depends on what amp you are using..

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 286
subs n im using a logic soundlab 4 ch amp 1000 watt amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
I have zero experience with 4-chan so mark or someone else help out

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 287
if any of u guys have AIM hit me up at polarpride08

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 289
were do the rca cables from the deck go theres only 4 spots 1 ch 2 ch 3 ch n 4ch so do i put both of em at 3 ch n 4ch or 2 ch n 4 ch im so confused ugh

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
if your just running subs, then just put them on ch1 &2 then bridge those channels to use your subs. A 4-chan amp isnt the best for running subs.

Silver Member
Username: Snacks

Quincy, Florida USA

Post Number: 116
i helped a friend of mine install an amp today but we were clueless as to how to get the power wire out to the battery. we tried drilling through a spot that was just a direct lead out but couldnt penetrate. what should the grommet look like/be? its a 96 maxima.

Silver Member

Post Number: 530
Im not sure, never owned a maxima. I googled a pic of a maxima's firewall, I dont see a grommet. Is there a hole on the right side(if your facing the front of the car) up by the windshield? Maybe post some pics of the firewall zone.

Silver Member
Username: Snacks

Quincy, Florida USA

Post Number: 117
yeah upper right hand side, facing the car. thats where we were trying to drill but ended up breaking a bit and just scratching alot. bad angle for the drill. tips?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us