Amp Stays on after CD Player/Car is off??

Anonymous

Alright, I feel stupid for not knowing whats going on, but when I turn my car off my amps stay on. For a temp solution I made it where I could just pull the remote wire apart under the dash quickly. Maybe my cd player is wired hot all the time, but I don't know why or how. I'd appreciate some help!

Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 5
hook up a switch to the remote wire, and just turn it off when you turn off your car

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 255
The remote input of the amp is fine if the amp shuts off after you disconnect the wire. Make sure the remote wire is connected to the right wire from the head unit (standard color code it should be blue or blue with a white stripe) if it is connected correctly do like Jim said and hook up a switch, or get the head unit checked if it's under warranty.

Anonymous

Thanks, but yeah it's definately hooked up right, I was hoping it was something other than the head unit. As far as a swith is concerned, the male and female adaptors I've got on it work just as fine. If I find a switch laying around I guess I'll go ahead and add another one to my dash area. Thanks a lot for responding!

Anonymous

just pick one up at a local Wal Mart.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us