Used RD Sonance 15's V.2

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2145
Hey guys, we have 4 of the 6 Sonance V.2's that came out of Steve's truck for sale. They were in there for about 2 weeks on a 5750.1 and they were sealed. They are rated 1000 rms a piece and very efficient. If interested shoot me an email. $200 a piece shipped!! They won't last long and 2 are already sold, so let me know soon.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

PS: I still have a new pair of Classic 12's for $250 shipped! PROMO

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 617
how would they compare to kicker cvx 15's? just curious. both ported in optimum enclosures..

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2208
"They won't last long"

Well who would want them if they wont last long?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6505
These are some pretty nice subs.
I got to hear em in that truck, the lows were nice :-)

Also, 6 of the v1's in Nick Walter's van did 160.0dB.
From what I understand, the V2's can take more power. (iirc)

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21678
omg i am so tempted right now.

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2147
The V.2's are now 1000 rms and a little more beefy. About a 30 pound sub now :-) We have a competitor using 2 V.2 18's in a box tuned to 38hz on a 3250.1 and doing a 154+. Nasty little subs.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 210
yes. i often base how good a woofer is on the weight. very wise marketing kevin.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3330
"yes. i often base how good a woofer is on the weight. very wise marketing kevin."

get some popcorn ready, sit back, and enjoy the entertainment folks.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 620
lol^^^

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2148
Visitor,

You really try to hard to make Rd and Low-Hz look bad. I think if you put the effort into more useful things, you would accomplish alot more in life. So lets make it easier and just stay out of my threads period, or not, I guess a free bump every now and then is cool too :-) Thanks bud!

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3336
Okay, I've been away from the sub section for a bit, but when I was last here, Visitor was new.

Please tell me he hasn't racked up 210 posts just from harassing Kevin...

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1452
i am curious what type of eqipment do you run visitor. i dont see you post much on that topic.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
i run several different things, depending on the day:-) i have ran from fi, to tc, to *gasp* rd. even mach 5 now and then:-) i like to try things out before i brand them garbage or not.

and kevin- sorry bud- YOU do quite well at making low-hz look bad. you are trash plain and simple:-) i am actually doing very well in life, thanks for worrieng though:-) good to know im cared about. and as for staying out of your threads? nah.. i like you. i intend to harass you until you threaten to kill me as you are fond of doing:D have a pleasant eve

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
and to be totally honest- i ran alot of tc 5200's back in the day, and then moved onto making my own woofers. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 242
He runs all equipment obviously lol.

how about you take a picture of your current car/setup for us all to look at visitor. you got my attention and im interested to see what you have.

and you got mach5 now...talk about high class...that's like the dubra or popov of the car audio world.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6300
what's wrong with mach5 gibson? have you ever ran any mach5 products? something you didn't like about them in particular?or maybe it's because mark sells his products at an affordable price, guess that makes it junk?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 753
ctmike, don't sweat it, Mach5 is a quality brand that builds very well made products that have proven their performance, and all mach5 customers can attest to that. It is a shame that Mark runs a near zero profit, and if anyone would know I would, that he has to deal with uneducated bashing based on price with out experience.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 243
Nothing is wrong with mach5audio. I've just always been a big dayton fan for budget subwoofers. I have used mach5's IXL 15" subwoofer before in a ported car audio application, and after about a month of daily listening with a 700rms amp i noticed it began to sound a little sloppy to me. suspension seemed to loosen up significantly which isnt surprising coming from a budget driver.

Overall i dont think the company is a giant ripoff or anything, but you aren't getting a $400 driver for $200 like many people believe.

on the other hand, the closest i think anyone can get to getting a higher end driver for a budget price is by going with dayton from partsexpress. I've used their subs in my own installs in the past, and plenty of my friends cars as well for lower budget installs.

have you tried dayton before? i think you would be pleasantly surprised at the quality and durability for the price.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 244
"Mach5 is a quality brand that builds very well made products that have proven their performance, and all mach5 customers can attest to that."

marketing...marketing...marketing lol

and im a mach5 customer and i dont attest to that. so please refrain from using all from now on when making posts about mach5 audio. You can say all except one customer though if you would like, although im sure there are others who will agree with me on this one.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 245
and ps...my summer courses ended today so i got plenty of time to start arguing again here on the forums lol.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6301
yes, i've ran a dayton ho sub before, and liked it very much.

still to say mach5 is a 'budget' company and that you don't get more than you pay for isn't true at all. not once have i read of anyone ever having a problem before with any of their subs, no matter the line. i think i even read someone had given about 3-4 times recommended power to the spl15 and it took it fine and is still running fine now. i ran a maw15 for awhile now with slightly more than rated power and it took it fine also, no problems at all. sold it and the new owner is happy with it to. and i honestly believe mark could ask for more than what he sells his products for and still have plenty of customers. great products that have great build quality and some of the best customer service, really can't be beat.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4054
Gibson, who are you on other forums?

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 246
i dont really disagree with anything you wrote there. but i just like to keep things in perspective. like i would say good build quality for a $200 driver. if i paid $400 for a subwoofer and it had the build quality of a mach5 subwoofer i would not be happy. by budget i just mean people who are looking at the $200 or less price range for a subwoofer plus or minus a little. budget doesnt refer to quality of the product at all, just price.

like i said, they aren't a bad deal. just they aren't as good as more expensive drivers, and i also feel the dayton ones hold up better and sound a little better as well.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 247
not on any other forums. i just joined this one somewhat recently. i read on a bunch of forums though when im bored.

Silver Member

Post Number: 756
Gibson, you are now the first person to have that reaction that I have seen and I am on more then a few forums. Pretty good performance record in my eyes. And it is not marketing at all, when I have access to much more expensive, older, or higher line companies then Mach5, why would I suggest them? When plenty other products have a massively larger margin, why would I suggest them? When I own a competitive speaker company, why would I suggest Mach5? Maybe because the performance per dollar ratio is very high. Believe me, Mark is not making any friends in the industry, other companies that are in it to actually make money are not pleased with Mach5 products.

In no way did I say you would getting double the value then what you paid for, just that people think Mach5 is budget crap because of the price. The perception has become this way because other companies are charging much more money for similar drivers. Not that the Mach5 is a $400 driver, just that per dollar you get more performance. Heck even a Fi SSD, which is priced very well is more expensive then its IXL counter part.

Dayton is a great idea in many cases, I have played with a number of their drivers. The 8" HF being one of my favorites, and the HO sub being a very quality choice for sound quality and a smaller box install. Just did a Z3 install with a friend with all Dayton drivers (2 way active and sub) late last summer. Possibly one of the top 5 budget installs I have been a part of.

This is not an argument at all, I have plenty of experience with the Mach5 line, and you did not like the way the suspension softened up on your IXL. And that is fine. Did you email Mach5 and talk to him about it? I am curious because I have not heard of any suspension issues, even from the large number of home audio IB guys who are running 4 or even 8 IXL 15's or 18's in their homes IB.

ctmike brings up the SPL driver, I was very impressed with it, and for the price an RE MT is now, the SPL from Mach5 is a no brainer.

And side note, I did not mean to take away from the RD sale, just to talk about a brand that was brought up here in the sub woofer section.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 249
I was just saying that i think mach5 is pretty much fair as far as price and performance goes. I just think dayton is overall a better value for the price.

i am not one of the people who thinks mach5 is crap because of the lower price. But i don't think they are a way better value than other companies either.

We all seem to be saying the same thing here. it's decent for the price, but you aren't getting a $400 for $200 like some of the mach5 guys seem to think.

is mach5 a decent deal for the price...yes....are there better alternatives in my minds...yes, i think dayton will outperform mach5 at the same pricepoint. no disrespect to mach5 at all.

and i never brought up the suspension issue with mach5audio. it's not like the driver failed or there was some major mechanical error. i mean i can't really complain to a company because their $200 driver isn't the best $200 driver i've ever heard.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6308
wondering, a maw15 was $115 shipped from them. what other 15" sub with the performance of the maw15 could be had for that price, bnib from dealer/manufacturer?

there ixl 15" is what, $210 shipped? what other subs can compare to it at that price?

and you say it wasn't the best $200 sub you've heard, so what did you like better? not saying the ixl is the end all sub, just for the price i really can't think of many 15" sql subs that perform as well as the ixl, at their price.

and i agree with denim, i've read ALOT of reviews of mach5 products and so far you are the first person to say they had a problem with one of their subs.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 250
CTMIKE how many times was dayton brought up in this thread?????? I believe I even said where you can find dayton products at good prices.....so why are you asking what other drivers I would compare mach5 products to for the same price???? We have been discussing this for quite some time now.

Denim knew exactly what i was talking about right away....why dont you do some research and then you can start asking questions after.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6309
first, if you go back up and read, i have said before (even before denim said he used dayton), that i have used them before also. and yes, i've ordered plenty of stuff through pe before. that's why i know the daytons ARE PRICED HIGHER then mach5 subs.

so that is what i asked the questions i had asked, which subs that are price the same as some mach5 subs, can perform the same. no need to be a dic_k, i just asked a question.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21695
kevin you still have the subs

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 251
Well i didnt know why you were asking what subs to compare it to, when we have been discussing such subwoofers for numerous posts now. you must not even be reading the entire thread.

and the dayton subwoofers are NOT priced higher than the mach5 subwoofers. Their prices are spot on in most cases, and less expensive in others.

go to partsexpress.com and search dayton subwoofers if you want proof.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6310
like i said, i have ordered dayton before, and yes from pe. and from ordering them i know what their prices are and from running both i would say, from their ho series, that they fall between the maw and ixl lines. and personally for the money, the maw15 would be an overall better sub, dollar for dollar. that is why i had asked you what other sub you could buy new with the performance of the maw15 at that price. and the performance of the ixls' for their price.

on sale i think the ho may have the edge on the maw line since i think i paid about $110 for each one last time i ordered.

and sorry about distracting from your thread kevin and g/l with the sale.

Silver Member

Post Number: 758
I agree about the high Dayton value. As it is a matter of reality. In terms of number of units built and cost per unit due to size of build run, Parts Express (Dayton) > Mark R. One guy as a side hobby cannot compete with them.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 252
Exactly my point denim. Glad to see that you see things for how they are, and aren't just trying to sell mach5 to everyone.

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2152
I think so Chad.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1941
So...how bout those subs :D

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
gibson.. if you would like to see my equip/ride.. search roe, or here, or ca.com (visitor/02parkave) pics are all over the net. navigator on 24's, and abunch of diff equip. not uploading again:-)

other cars as well, but im afraid that is probably the only one anyone here would care about.. unless yuo like old cadis:-)

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 255
i drive a navigator with 24" chrome rims myself. nice choice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us