Sql

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 139
I have a 2003 Subaru legacy sedan i want to deck out for competitions.. for sql... if not then because i love good sounding system... i dont have the cash in hand yet but i am saving i have 1200 saved so far... more to go... i want opinions for subs, speakers, headunits, tweeters, boxes, cross overs, the whole deal...

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1752
So do you want it to sound good, or hit every note with perfection good? Plan on competing of any sort?

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
i plan on competing i do want it to hit and sound good, i dont just want a competition rig i do want to be able to listen to it normally as well, i dont need to blow out the windows, you know?

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2514
well ur not gonna blow out the windows ricky ... regardless of what you choose..

HU
Eclipse
Pioneer
Alpine

Speakers
Hertz
Rainbow
Morel
Diamond Hex
CDT
RD

Subs
Audiopulse
RD Audio
Soundsplinter
Stereo Integrity
RE Audio
Hertz
Audioque
DD

Amps
Kicker
Audioque
DD
American Bass
Sundown
RD
Fosgate

Wiring
Knukonceptz
Stinger
Welding Supply

take ur pick bro ... do some research on the companies products.. look at vids ie realm of excursion

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
ive run eclipse before i think they sound amazing.... re's are great.. i dont really know any of those speakers... im surprised you dont have zapco up there for amps... or any orion stuff...

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
and even a piece of crap audiobahn can blow window gaskets out man... seen it and as the Subaru windows are not really held in my anything up top, they just kinda rest there, it is quite possible

Gold Member

Post Number: 2515
im sorry ricky but ur lying bro ..

the loudest guys in the world dont blow windows out ..

gaskets maybe? sealing around window sure .. but blow out a window no way

if u wanna go into real sq ... then i would put zapco up there .. audioson helix brax .. dls ... the list can go on ..

but lets be honest u really wanna spend a 1000 dollars on a front stage amp highly unlikely. ..

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
what about niche, ive seen em but dont know much about them, i was thinking a 15 and 2 10s in the back for subs, ill prolly build a back deck for the speakers and throw something in the doors, tweeters in the A pillars, im not sure yet still figuring it out... any input is great... thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
Mike, i dont know about you but i have seen it, ive seen the gasket give out on a rear windshield on a accord in dallas tx... qu33r car to begin with and ive seen them blow out the sun roof... i dont mean launch the window or shatter it or break it but pop gaskets or something of the like... i guess i should have been more specific.. in anycase im moving into a new IT job where i am getting a signing bonus as well as decent pay im not gonna dump the whole bonus into the car but i will set some aside as well as continue to save as i go... if i need to spend that much to get what i want, so be it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2516
niche is mediocre at best

dont mix sizes of subs

if u wanna use 8s as midbass its plausable .. but make sure its tuned for that application

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
ok, as i said i didnt know anything about them, and why shouldnt i mix sizes? 8's as a mid driver hmm?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4180
Because of phase cancellation and other issues that arise from having two different resonant frequencies. Mixing an 8 or 10 with a 15 just isn't a good idea. As Mike said, if you used an 8 for midbass and make sure it is crossed over well above the frequency range of your 15, that will be fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
ok thanks! i knew about cancellation but i figured if i had them running different ranges it should be ok, i mean i know there would be some overlap, but i didnt think it would be that bad... so thanks for the info

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 612
i'm selling my 12" SoundSplinter Rl-S, if your looking for a good sql sub.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5257
your going the complete wrong way if you want sound quality..

if you want to build a quality sounding car with a substage to match.. youll need 2-3x more money

im trying to sell my nine.1 and nine.4 .. $350 + shipping for both.. its what im running or my sq system currently.. soon as i sell them im putting in my dls amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
i will be willing to put out the cash, i just dont know what i should run for a system, honestly, ive always liked eclipse and i may go with one for a HU, i am not sure yet. i just want thoughts opinions and ideas

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5258
if eclipse.. cd7200mkII .. or pick up an alpine cda9887 for 250-275 and buy the imprint tuning kit

far as subs.. depends on how much power you want to play with..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us