Barely any output from subwoofer

Bronze Member
Username: Vivi2000

Post Number: 44
So I hooked up my amp and sub today buy when i play any music at all i cant even hear the sub. When I feel the sub or put my head near it i can hear/feel the vibrations. I had this same exact setup in my old car and it was much louder. I am almost positive i hooked up everything correct. I checked the gain, the frequency filter, made sure that the sub was hooked up in the box right. The only thing im not sure if i did right was the LOC. I used the rear speaker wires and put them on the LOC but there is barely any output from the sub. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 141
Well the LOC is kind of an important thing to do right lol. If your amplifier has power, and you wired your subs correctly the only problem can be with the signal going to the amp. so check the LOC to make sure you spliced into the correct wires, and wired them to the LOC correctly.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3858
Yep. Could be something as simple as having the wires reversed on the LOC. Basically wired out of phase.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
I checked on a diffrent sub, there is output but I can hear all of the music, not just the bass. This is going through a mono amp that i used with another car before and the whole setup worked fine. The only difference is that i have a LOC and the RCA is not coming form the headunit anymore.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
I looked up the wiring online and i did have it mixed up. I changed the wiring on the LOC but I still get the same output as before. There is still all the higher frequency's too.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 142
So do you have full output now just with the highs mixed in there as well? or is there still no output at all?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4040
Is your amp on hpf or lpf. Change it to lpf @80hz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
My amp doesent have a filter switch, only a frequency knob. I turned the frequency down to 50 hz(so that is the lowest it hits) and it is still the same. I could try different wire combinations but I doubt that would work. Also when I listen to it i can hear all the music from the sub, highs and lows. Its just not even loud enough to hear over my stock speakers.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 145
what speaker wires did you splice into? and is it a low pass or high pass filter?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
I spliced into the rear speaker wires(both left and right side) Im guessing its a High pass filter since it lets in the frequency's higher than what its set at.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
I just tried hooking up my ipod with a RCA cable to the amp directly, and i get the same thing. So I have narrowed it down that the LOC is hooked up right, but something with the amp/sub is wrong. Could wires crossing each other cancel out the signal(i believe they are all shielded though)? What If i didnt ground it good enough, would that cause this problem?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1339
since you used it on the amp. then the amp or sub is blown, only other thing your amp has poor ground.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us