Current setup - Need Help Guys

Username: Dvdizaster

Hollywood, California USA

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone - This is my first post here - so i apologize in advance if i violate any rules.

ok here is my dilemma,
my vehicle is : 2007 Scion Tc
My amp : Hifonics Zeus ZXI 6006
MY Sub's : 2 12 Inch Kicker Compvr's
My Headunit : Panasonic Strada

I want my system to kick HARD, it does with some songs, but sometimes the song will start off kicking pretty hard & about 30 seconds in to the song, the bass lowers gradually - changing individual speaker volumes doesn't do anything.

i also have a 2 Farad Rockford Fosgate CAP.

Now, im wondering, can i put 2 Hifonic Zeus ZXI 6006 Amps in my car to power the subs or is that too much power per sub and will it blow the sub ?

i currently have one amp powering both speakers, however, i was thinking of acquiring a second hifonics zeus amp and individually hooking them up to the speakers, one amp per speaker.

too much power you think ?

i need some expert advice, if i can't make these go louder i was thinking of upgrading to the Kicker L7's and putting 2 amps on those cause those are like 700 watts RMS according to the kicker website.

help me out guys.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 326
What impedance are the subs wired to? The pair can handle more than a single Zeus will put out.

Post Number: 2
I'm not sure what impedance they are set to - i didn't wire them up, a local shop wired them up for me and then i went back 2 -3 weeks later and asked if there was anyway i could make the speakers kick harder with that single amp, so the guy did some re-wiring from the amp to the speakers, and it wss a tad bit bassier but not much.

so the 12 inch cvr's can handle 1 zeus amp each @ full 12 volts ?

i just wanna go as loud as possible without blowing them up and without having to buy L7's

i dunno ...

any recommendations ?

thanks exigeaudio for your reply's

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 328
The first step is gonna be to find out what load they're wired to. We'll also need to know whether each is a DVC 2 ohm sub or a DVC 4 ohm sub. The shop will be able to tell you that info. Once you know that stuff we can figure out how to get stuff fixed up for you.

Post Number: 3
ok cool. im gonna take a look & take a few pics and get some info and post back here with all the info .. thanks again !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us