Midwoofer q's

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2376
I was looking to add a midwoofer to my system. I was wondering what I needed to hook up the second amp? Is it a crossover? Sorry bout the newb question I'm just new at this.

Also any suggestions for midwoofers?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20823
the important is the crossover. you need to find one that will give you the freq range for that.

Username: Weezer4rock

Post Number: 6
I suggest getting an amp with a High Pass crossover and a basic two way electronic crossover. Make sure you get an electronic crossover with at least 300Hz at the Low Pass point. Match the high pass crossover on the amp that going to your mids with that of your Low Pass sub crossover point. That evenly divides your lows. Then set the LP crossover on your electronic crossover to about 300Hz. That sends the frequency of 80Hz - 300Hz to your midwoofers. Set the high pass on the electronic crossover to 300Hz as well and send that signal to your componenet or coaxial set. Then you're in business!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20826
the kicker sx400.2 would be a perfect mid bass amp. it has all the xover features you need to have any frequency range you want.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20827
the setup i am thinking of is using the sx400.2 with a pair of jl audio 6w3v3's. i would customize my door or use the kick panel to house the woofers. then run it a 70-250hz.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3945
Nice choice chad. I was thinking about using the JL Evolution ZR800-CW. 8" midbass made for ib setups. I think it would sound awesome next to my memphis comps.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20828
that would be sweet berny. what about the m6? you think i would be better off with the jl sub?

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 3946
the cdt m6 to me felt dead, lifeless. Mean midbass but I didn't like it.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20830
yeah so ima definately go with the jl 6w3v3's. it will have some kick in my kick pods. lol.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 3947
Yeah definitely. I can't wait to get my car back. I'm not in a hurry for a system so I'm taking my time this year. So if you want to come and help me work on my doors come on by

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20831
will do.

snarl it seems like me and berny have hijacked your thread but actually no. we were recomending on what you can do through our conversation. :-)

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 3948
Snarl, memphis makes a pretty nice and affordable xover, you can find them on ebay for cheap http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_id=14&mfg_accou nt_ID=44&category_id=11

As for midbass, depends how much you want to spend. I know how you can get any pair of cdt mids for cheap if you want to go that route.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 3949
^^^ See, no hijacking :-).

Username: Weezer4rock

Post Number: 10
anybody heard the Kicker ssmb6 before? just curious of how it matches up to others. Of course a lot depends on how it's installed.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20832
those actually looks nice johnathan. i personally haven't heard one but i wouldn't mind trying out a pair. the price is pretty good too.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2543_Kicker+SSMB6.html#

Gold Member

Post Number: 2377
well i was thinking about the dd midwoofer with the kicker zx200.2 sound good?

also what kind of crossover should i use? links?

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 934
i PERSONALLY would go with a bigger amp than the zx200.2. but again thats just me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2378
alright well ill decided on the amp when the time comes but crossover suggestions?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20844
snarl......if you buy that kicker zx amp and a xover, its gonna cost almost as much as the sx400.2. the kicker sx400.2 is selling for little over 200bux on ebay. with the sx amp, you don't need a crossover cause it has all the functions you need.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20845
http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-SX400-2-400-WATT-2-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER-AMP-NEW_W0QQitem Z280225354319QQihZ018QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 939
arent the sx amps way underratted too??

i second the sx amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2380
ya but if i go that route how do i hook up my sub amp too? isnt that why i need the cross over? so i can use both amps with one set of rca's coming out of my hu?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20847
the kicker sx amp or your sub amp has full range output.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7465
With any midbass driver install the enclosure / install will make all the difference. Expect crappy performance if you just stick the speaker somewhere without building it a real enclosure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us