Problem with system (cal payne)

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2835
alright what the fluck!

idk what's wrong now...so like 6 months ago, i install this system. works great up until like a month ago, when everything stops working. so i assume it was the remote wire. so i get a relay and hook it up and fix everything so it works 100%.

works great up until now. when yesterday it would start cutting out on high frequencies for a split second. then like it would lose the mid-upper lever frequencies for like 5 seconds. now, nothing works. nothing turns on.

it's not a fuse, i checked em all. it's not a ground, my ground is phenomenal. it's not my power supply. all my equip is in pristine condition and shows no signs as to why it would stop. nothing is in protect, it's just that NOTHING works. HU comes on perfectly and the cd plays (cycles through) but nothing plays. idk wtf is wrong

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2837
bump

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1828
RC fricken As

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7440
You can check for RCA issues by getting a headphone jack to RCA end cable and connecting an mp3 player to your amp. If it works you've got headunit or RCA cable problems.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2838
i wouldn't think that that would be affecting the amps turning on/off? HU to my EQS to my amps (direction of signal)

i'll try that for sure though....should i hook it up to my amps or the eqs..

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2839
but also, after i fixed it (or so i thought) the first time i had zero problems for a few weeks.

i'm not trying to downplay your idea, i'm just stating the whole situation

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2842
bump

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5861
dude that sucks.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 922
that suxs but im confused is your amps turning on?? if they are turning on is it that there not putting out sound check all your rca connections

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 5071
have you checked the relay? maybe it let go

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3944
do you own a dmm? If not, buy/steal one.
with a dmm, you will find out what it is in about 2 minutes.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2843
alright, well now idk what the hell is goin on

it turned on this morning when i went to school like nothing was wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5075
double check and see if any wires got punched.. tends to happen often is ran through the door jam.. can be a serious fire hazard

if i were you i'd take the time to just rewire it all and make sure nothing is pinched and everything is secure

gives you a chance you really do a clean install as well.. if you still have problems after all that you can narrow it down you an issue with your h/u

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2844
great now back to not working again. i'm seriously flucking sick of this, i'm this close to saying fluck it and just getting rid of sound systems entirely, it's a god damn waste of time and money.

i start my car 5 times, nothing. start it the 6th, everything works as normal. what a flucking joke

its one of those things that i can't be mad at anyone or anything but myself. worst thing ever

Gold Member

Post Number: 5083
try a new relay, they are cheap

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2845
well i hear the relay click every time. the eq generally gets power but the amps do not. (eq light is very dim though)

also, i know this is rookie-ish, but what are my alternatives to a wire nut. i know it is ghetto, but that's what i use and i'm thinkin that's where the problem is. just solder it?

hears the situation. one remote wire input, one 12v, one ground, and one remote wire output on the relay. the one remote output wire goes to a wire nut where it's nutted with the 2 amps and eq's remote wires. i'm guessing thats where my prob is.

how would you guys wire it starting all the way back at the HU?

obviously, HU remote output to relay input, +12v wire to relay from distro, ground wire from relay to distro, and then.....?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2846
^^^by the way, i was just being ridiculous, i love sound systems too much. it's a love hate relationship

Username: Fred_the_axe_murderer

Post Number: 4
get rid of all wire nuts in your car. wire nuts are not made for cars because they can't handle vibrations. solder is best, crimp on connecters are good (with a good set of crimping pliers NOT channel locks!).i would use friggin black tape before i'd do anything with wire nuts.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3948
I belive you may have stereo mites. Little bugs that chew on the wires sucking up the power as they munch. Everytime a new litter of mites appear, you have power problems, but as the die off, it cures. Makes perfect sence.

Maybe a DMM will help find out what the problem is, or keep crying about it here and try bug spray in the cd opening.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 923
your relay dosent sound like you have the right one all the relays i have bought in the past have had 5 tips of what not. 1 for ground. 1 for a power connection. for a rem input. 1 for rem outpu. 1 postion you dont use becuz its never conected
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us