WinISD vs bassbox pro - ported or sealed discussion

Bronze Member
Username: Plenk

Post Number: 11
I really dont feel like rummaging through the entire archive to find the numerous discussions about ported vs sealed. I just want some input and open discussion.

I made a few ported boxs last year to change a dayton's f3 freq in a sealed box from 80hz down to 45hz in a ported box using winISD. Im using this program again to try to get a near linear freq falloff curve in a car sub box without having to make a box huge with like 3 cu.ft or 60in ports.

I decided to try another program (bassbox pro 6) to verify my findings. Both programs seem similar, but winISD has better graphs and is easier to use. Can anyone verify that these freq graphs will be accurate if I build the box to the corresponding specs? I don't know if you can take a driver that calls for .77 cu.ft (diamond d310d4) and make a 3 cu.ft box with a large port and still sound good. It seems like you can manipulate the data any way you want in order to get the response curve you like. How do you know if it will sound good without actually building with trial and error?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us