Ed nine.1 vs. aq 1200d

Silver Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

Post Number: 376
i have the aq but need to return it so ive got the oportunity to switch it up. i juss bought the ed 13av2 i think it would be cool to have matching sub/amp. i heard the nine.1 is tested at 12.5v where as the aq1200d is tested at lik 14 or sumn.. i know both these amps are high quality but i want to know if the extra 100 bucks for a nine.1 is worth it?

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 404
nine.1

Platinum Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1388
what happened to ur Aq 1200d?

Platinum Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2358
I wouldn't pay the extra money for the eD, but that's just me. If you did do the eD tho, it's too bad you didn't do it to begin with. You would have gotten 15% off the sub and amp in their package builder thing.

Platinum Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5212
the few hundred extra watts won't be noticeable to the ear.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7257
Exactly no point in paying $100 more.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 406
hmm i guess yall got a point

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
nope. i figured it out.... theres sumthing wrong with my AQ's speaker outputs... called a guy and he walked me through how to set it up and all the troubleshooting. no deal. he said send it in... so instead of having them send me another amp im going to have them reimburse me the 250... i havnt purchased the sub yet... (thought my mom had done that already, she hasnt..) so im going to buy the ed nine.1 and the 13av2 at the same time, getting the 15% discount... and actually save 5 bucks... worked out very nicely thanks 2 everyone

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 877
good choice

Platinum Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7260
How do you know something is really wrong with the amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
thats what the guy told me... kinda already explained that

Platinum Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3491
I wouldn't think AQ would give your money back just send you another after they receive the broken one.(Maybe not)

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
i know. im crossin my fingers though

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 713
whatd you do to the amp?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 3493
What he said.^^^^^

Platinum Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1365
I was debating between these 2 amps myself, and one of things I noticed was the Nine.1 was rated @ 64% efficiency, which seemed pretty low. The AQ was 84% @ 4 ohm. ED never posted at what ohm the efficiency was, so I'm assuming 1 ohm. I emailed AQ asking what the efficiency was @ 1 ohm, but they never got back to me.

So all that aside, I would GUESS they will do about the same power in reality, or at least in my case since I have stock charging, and the more strain=less voltage (less watts), so it all balances out.

^^^Any of that make sense or am I way off?

I think it will look good matching, looking forward to more reviews on that sub.

Platinum Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7261
Usually efficiencey is measured at 4 ohm and nothing else. AQ probably won't be able to tell you an exact number for 1 ohm if they haven't even measured it.

IDK what it is in the ED's case though, 64% seems too low for 4 ohm.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1397
"thats what the guy told me... kinda already explained that"

^^ who is the "guy" that is telling you this stuff? lol how do you know its the speaker outputs??? did you hook it up?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1870
I'd take the AQ1200d over the nine.1 any day. AQ has great customer service and their products are all high quality.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1398
^^^ lol look where gold member's again staven. haha

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin MY SUBS GET ...

Post Number: 1871
Ahhh damn. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 7847
Hmm, interesting move on the OP's part. Matching products is always nice in it's own way.

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
"called a guy and he walked me through how to set it up and all the troubleshooting. no deal. he said send it in..." when i say i called a guy.... it doesnt mean i called a random guy. i called their customer car... jesus. idk if its cus im crabby but damn. come on. i didnt think i needed to really explain that, let alone explain it 3 times. called and he said there must be something wrong with the outputs. yea. i would love to have matching stuff... just seems right.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4889
matching equipment ftw :-)

the only way i'd choose the AQ over the eD is if it will handle a 0.5ohm load daily, otherwise the amps are very similar.

i have no issues out of any of my eD amps but the cost of the AQs are just too right.. maybe you should pick up a used nine.1? if you don't like it resell it and buy the AQ again

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1372
Refurb NINe.1 for $250 shipped....

Will the ED run 0.5 daily?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4890
i would not run the nine.1 at 0.5ohm daily unless you have a high impedance rise

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 718
the only plus on the nine.1 is that is matches your sub...whoopty doo... id rather have more money in the pocket. theres no audible difference. i still dont know how u messed up the AQ amp seeing how everyone on here who has them hasnt had a problem yet with one except you

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
"so instead of having them send me another amp im going to have them reimburse me the 250... i havnt purchased the sub yet... (thought my mom had done that already, she hasnt..) so im going to buy the ed nine.1 and the 13av2 at the same time, getting the 15% discount... and actually save 5 bucks... worked out very nicely thanks 2 everyone"

please. everybody. before you post in my threads read ALL of my posts. all we r doing is replaying what has already been said. yes it would match. its rated at a lower voltage so if i ever switch vehicles it will still put out more power.
just because everybody here likes aq does not meen they dont have ocasional bad amps.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1407
""called a guy and he walked me through how to set it up and all the troubleshooting. no deal. he said send it in..." when i say i called a guy.... it doesnt mean i called a random guy. i called their customer car... jesus. idk if its cus im crabby but damn. come on. i didnt think i needed to really explain that, let alone explain it 3 times."

^^with that kind of attitude....u dnt deserve any help and you wasnt specific that u called thier customer care, u said a "guy". we cant read minds n not everybody has time to sit n scroll down the damn page to look whats said n not said lol...

"please. everybody. before you post in my threads read ALL of my posts. all we r doing is replaying what has already been said. yes it would match."

^^y?? u aint nobody special on here then anybody else. gl wit wateva ur doing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3501
"I want to know if the extra 100 bucks for a nine.1 is worth it?"

NO

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 135
I remember our amp tech getting a call from someone claiming to have a problem with a AQ1200D not having "any output". We spent a great deal of time and couldn't get any "straight" answers out of him regarding how he "hooked" it up. A couple of days later I read a post on caraudioforum wanting to know if it would damage an AQ1200D if he "hooked" the pos to the neg just once. Take it for what it's worth. We have not received further word from him.

Our policy on amps is simple; if you have a problem with one of our amps send it in and we will find the problem. If its a fault of the amp we will fix it free. If you messed it up you will pay a resonable price to get it fixed.

The only other problem I can recall with one our of amps the customers' "installer" left both filters turned to zero. We set the filters; the amp worked fine.

Those are the only two complaints we have had.

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
your right. no, im no one special... just a guy with a few hundered posts. but i did create this thread... at least read what ive typed so i dont have to repost everything ive said 5 times. but i think joey just kinda proved my point.(no offense)

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 723
Nick, final question...ARE YOU THAT GUY WHO PUT THE POS TO THE NEG???

dont mean to call you out but..hey someone has to do it lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
hahahaha no, but nice try on changin the subject.

/thread

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7276
" the only way i'd choose the AQ over the eD is if it will handle a 0.5ohm load daily, otherwise the amps are very similar. "

LOL if they're so similar then why would you pay $100 more for the ED?

" A couple of days later I read a post on caraudioforum wanting to know if it would damage an AQ1200D if he "hooked" the pos to the neg just once. "

LMAO what an idiot

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 20085
both solid amps. i'd choose whichever is cheaper in price.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 3448
state prop, that makes no sense. you posted in his thread, at least read what he had to type before you post. and type regular

the cisco kid

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 136
JST07 posted in caraudioforum on 03/21/08 in the subwoofer section:
"clipping light won't go off with AQ1200D amp......."ALSO WOULD HAVING THE AMP WIRED INCORRECTLY ONCE CAUSE IT TO GO BAD? I MISUNDERSTOOD THE GUY INSTALLING IT ABOUT BRIDGING AND WIRED THE POSITIVE TO THE NEGATIVE'

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6167
i would not support eD but DJ is a good guy with solid products

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
thanks you cisco
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts