2 Subs on 1 amp question

Username: Wwwebfred

Ridderkerk, Zuid Holland Holland

Post Number: 1
Hi, I've got a question.
I've got a Alpine amp. (4-channel) and want to install 2 subwoofers. I can get 2 Rockford subs (2x2ohm)for a very good price. So is it possible to install these with this amplifier?

And how???? (I've got no clue)
Please help

SPECS:
Amplifier (MRP-F356): http://home.hccnet.nl/fred.wouters/forum/Alpine%20MRP-F356%20manual.pdf

Subs (RFP4112): http://home.hccnet.nl/fred.wouters/forum/rockford%20rfp4112.pdf

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 180
That wont work at all. That Subwoofer link you listed says that the subs are 400W RMS and 800 peak. To run that you will need about a 800W RMS AMP. Looks to me like the link you give above says for that AMP your average watt output is under 100W. Sounds to me like that AMP is designed for Front and Rear Component speakers. At 400W RMS those subs are power suckers (i know because i have one) Get a big AMP. Alpine is fine, RF and Alpine combo could sound pretty good.

smokeit
Unregistered guest
anybody familiar with directed 1100d mono amp. i have one and not sure which sub i should go for. planning on getting an eclipse cd player and willing to spend aroun 1200 all together. i have been looking at diamond audio and jlw7. peaked my head in on kiker solobarics but not sure thats my cup of tea. anybody have suggestions or comments. would appreciate it.

Username: Wwwebfred

Ridderkerk, Zuid Holland Holland

Post Number: 2
Thanks, than I'll sell my amp and JBL sub to my brother and get 2 monoblocks for myself

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 210
Smoke it, you need to start your own thread if you want answers. Don't hijack everyone elses, you'll get answered quicker if you start your own thread. It also keeps threads from being ridiculously long. I answered your question in the "Bridging" topic, by the way.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us