Is it worth it?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4657
Been looking to buy a CRX but want one decently modded..

found one local that seemed to meet what i wanted..

price is $1900 and theres no going lower, already talked him down to $1600 but someone else was willing to give him $1900 but I was in line 1st.. he was asking $2100

heres what it has

SLIDESHOW of the car - http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh152/martinandvickie/CRX/?albumview=slidesho w

1989 honda crx si (primer black)
What's wrong: Back passenger quater panel window still shattered
Passeger side axle needs to be replaced,but still runs fine
Needs new shocks
No heater
No ac
Remember this is a race car!
Under the hood:Ls swapped
6000k HID kit
Brand new starter put in feb 16
cams
Intake
4-1 headers
Flowtech tip
2.5 inch piping
Stop power:Rear 1991 integra disc brake converted
1994 integra drilled slotted rotors
New pads up front
Suspension:Lowering springs
Rear lower tie bar
Rear upper strut bar
Etd racing tracking bar
Nuespeed type strut bar
New passenger side axle(power side)
Security:
2 way receiver2 remotes
1 of them is a two way
Theft alert
Motor lock
Interior:Faze tach
New main relay put in feb 16
96 prelude si seats
Rear quater panel window still busted
Jdm shift knobFlip switch to turn on car(with the key)
Strippppppped out interior..
I still have the:
back panels
Door panels
Center console
Glove compartment

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 536
ricer... i wonder if you'll be able to hear your system over that wonderful exhaust

lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4658
btw, i did find a same year civic hatchback with the same swap but a stock motor, full SI interior but the car needs a little body work, both need paint

guy is stilling getting the hatch ready, putting in axels and finishing up everything else.. with the hatch i'd be getting some extra ls block and parts..

also $1500

Gold Member

Post Number: 4659
how is that a ricer? thats not a coffee can muffler lol, looks more oem than anything.. i don't see anything on that car that is ricey

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 847
looks a little rough.. but everything has pontential. is this strictly for competeing or to drive for gas milage? cause i know you got that legacy which gets pretty good milage. i'd say go for it. 1600-1900 isn't a horrible price. maybe a bit lower, but if you want it then do it. and look at this way.. the door panels are already off for some dynamat! lol

Silver Member
Username: Ska

USA

Post Number: 539
did you hear the car run? did you hear it at a high speed? trust me thats going to be one of those cars that everyone wants to plug thier ears when it passes by HAHAHHA

Gold Member

Post Number: 4661
actually my subaru gets bad mileage.. 18.6mpg average according to the display in my car

the crx would be to compete in spl and be a daily to drive to work to save me some gas money.. and no limit.. take another look at the muffler on that car, it don't look like its going to be loud..

in fast i could make a bet my subaru is louder than that crx if with a different muffler

im going to look at it tomorrow morning and check it out.. i can't find any CRX for under 2000 that are in good running condition.. lots of shells but after you do a motor swap into a shell you might as well just bought a running car

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 848
it won't sound that bad. cams and headers.. 2.5 piping all the way back.. the only thing he'd have to get rid of is that flowtech muffler. tanabe and skunk 2 but make mufflers for a CRX that would make that thing sound damn good.

for 1500 for sure go for it.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 849
how many miles does that thing have on the clock? you have to watch out for these "brand new rebuilt engine!" cars where the body has 250,000 miles on it and is rusting like crazy. take a look at it and let us know how it goes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4664
1500 is for the hatch .. 1900 for the crx

here in texas rust is not a big issue unless you live close to the coast.. ill be sure to give it a good look.. especially if im going to drop 1900 for it

i just find it hard to believe that these hondas getting close to 20years old is still worth quite a bit
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us