Just got laid off

Silver Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 453
went into work this morning, i heard 2nd shift got laid off.... supervisor had an paper with ppls name on it and he gather every1 into a meeting and they tried to put it into professional terms that we was getting laid off. I already knew it was a rap for me when the supervisor came up to me...i only been at the company since september so they had to let me go, they said they will call me bak..but f**k it im gonna look for a new job...sh!t iz crazii. but it is what it is... :-(

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 13859
You'll bounce back man. St1t is tough all over. Good luck.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 455
yeah it iz but thanks paul...i felt bad for the ppl that didnt speak english that good they looked confused, and sum of they left cryin....

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13863
That sux, Keep ya Head up, you will find a better job soon, they dont no what they are missing ;)

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 456
Thanks guys for atleast tryin to make me keep ma head up...i know we all gonna struggle sometime..its just the way life is. but i really appreciate it guys, E is like a 2nd fam to me. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 13167
what was ur job ?

maybe its a new door opening to lead u on a different path ......

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1109
It'll work out, good luck.

I worked at a store once where a certain employee was about to get fired. EVERYONE knew beforehand except her, and the manager knew her b/f drops her off and then leaves all day.
The manager waited till she was about to clock in and then told her she was fired. The woman had to wait hours after using a payphone to call the guy back. Places do some shtty things, but it's just business.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18396
that sux man. but knowing you, you will find a better job. i mean look how good you are finding deals man.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 457
I worked at this company called Touchstone Wireless, they have i think they are located in 4 or 5 states. They have an contract with Alltel and they refurbish cell phones. I was an Qaulity Assurance inspector, inspecting the comestics and functionality of the phones to see if they pass to be shipped out to customers. It was an easy job makin $10 per/hr sitting down. They moved all the ELM work to texas location because thats what Alltel wanted. So they are tryin to bring in an secondary contract with verizon or sprint...and they said when they have that accomplished they would call me back along with the other employees. But thanks again guys.

http://www.touchstonewirelesslp.com/

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1974
Pretty Cool job..... DOnt worry me n u in the same boat.... I lost my job day after christmas and still aint found nothing yet..... ITll work out just doesnt seem like it will

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 458
^^yeah that was actually an good n fun job the ppl there was great...good luck on finding a job bro

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8547
Sorry to hear that bud. Good luck finding a new job man. Sure it wont be too hard.

Must be something about NoVA Killer, impossible to find a job :-(

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 467
thanks yanks, i think i may already gotta job line up at a glass company around ma way...

"Must be something about NoVA Killer, impossible to find a job" <--??

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 335
sorry to hear about the lay off...

i will probably get flamed for this - but this is what i would do if i got laid off

collect unemployment then go out and find a job that will pay you under the table

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8549
Lol, it means it is impossible to find a job in Northern VA. Killer and I talk like every 3 days about how we're both jobless and need a job but can't find one lol.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 469
o aight, sorry i didnt understand what u ment, i never heard that before haha...so u dnt have a job either? finding jobs suck bro....when i find a job i usually like to stay put i hate job hopping. i guess this is why my mom tells me to go to college....

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8552
Yea I'm jobless right now. My parents run a soccer league so I do random little things for them every so often and make like $50 a week. But yea, I'm broke lol.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 470
o damn to hear that bro, thats good u helpin out....i cant stand being at home, i need to do sumin productive for half of the day. lol

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 472
o damn sorry*

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8555
Meh, I find ways to keep myself busy.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13867
Most everyone has something they do on the side to help with the loose ends. Me, I sell a bunch of stuff on the side. In fact I have yet another delivery of knives coming tomorrow. I sell them at the local mart on the weekends for extra $$. Other stuff as well. This past order was 219 pcs for $219. Yup. $1 each. Then I sell them for $3-$4 each. I can't retire but it's fun and helps pick up the slack during those times in need.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 473
yea thats great paul, making a lil profit on the side is always good. didnt u just buy a hole bunch of wire 2, to sell?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18406
come to los angeles stateprop. i'll find work for you. :-)

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 475
haha i wish i could bro, there's probably alot of jobs out there its a city...i live in the burbs....like 40 mins away from philly...what do u do chad?

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8558
State, get your azz to the Ecoustics meet in PA. :-)

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 478
lol i dnt feel like drivin 2hrs away bro....i dunno mayb i mite change my mind if i get a job by then. haha

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8560
Lol. I'm driving 2 hours man.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 479
where r u at in PA yanks? im like 40 mins from philly. i think woodlawn is goin rite? he lives in willow grove which is like 15 mins away from philly. lol

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8561
I'm in VA. About 20-30 minutes south of DC. D-Money on here is driving about 6 hours to this thing.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 480
wow u guys r crazii...esp D-Money.lol i dunno i'll c...i mite have an change of heart.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA

Post Number: 18411
i work for a clothing manufacturing company. we also sale wholesale.

anyways stateprop, if you ever visit out here, you can chill with me and berny. lol.

D-Money driving 6hours for the meet FTMFW!!!

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2152
I know what you mean. I was leaving work one day and my manager told me that they dont have the work for me and the other guy in the warehouse and since Ive been there less time than he has, I had to go...

Go out and look in random places. Country clubs, stores in your mall, lowes, home depot. Places like that. I put in 9 applications the day I got let off and about 2 weeks later, someone called me back. Just keep looking its out there.

I have my final job interview set up tomorrow but Im not sayig where. You guys would talk sh!t to me all day...

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 339
ha where capps?

Gold Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey 15 inch Alph...

Post Number: 1194
sorry to hear about that man :-(

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 172
sorry man.... does this mean you need money and will have to sell some bad aS$ audio stuff really cheap?

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 483
thanks alot bro's, like i said b4 E is like an second family to me...i really appreciate it, yea ima jus chill for a lil and then go job huntin prob next week.

"sorry man.... does this mean you need money and will have to sell some bad aS$ audio stuff really cheap?"

^^lol no im not selling any of ma car audio stuff, sorry to break it to u. haha

but it is what it is, sh!t happens..we move on...

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2154
if everone could look at stuff like that state, the world would be great. no need gettin super bumed over something that can be fixed. it does suck, just keep your head up

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 484
yea no doubt bro, ima positive type of person.

Gold Member

15 MAG USA

Post Number: 8566
I gotta ask you Capps, where is it bud?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 928
i've put in at least 40 apps since i got laid offf which is killing me i got laid off last june or so and it's just not fun. i'm tryin to get in the 10 dollar a hour range cause i was always making at least 10 and up. i haven't heard a thing and if i did like ups they wanted me to lift like 80 damn pounds, i got 4 bulging discs in my back thanks to a accident at lowes and old history of back injuries. screw 80 pounds a day for barely 9 a hr. at the job i was laid off i sat on my azz as a graphic designer and raked in 11 a hr plus paid weekly. when i was done i puled in 1700 in less then 2 months after taxes, like 2500 before. it was unlimited over time and u made your own hours it was crazy.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 512
^^^damn bro thats craziii, since june u was jobless....dang...u cant find ne other jobs with ur graphic designer skills? yea f*ck UPS they want u to do more work for less moeny, and i know this girl that works there and they made her lift heavy stuff. The only way ill work at UPS is driving the big brown van. lol but i hope u the best of luck with findin another job. i think i got an job line up for me at this glass company ma boi and cuzin works at.

Silver Member

Post Number: 931
that's good hope it works well for you and yea since arund june maybe late may. it sucks un employ was 350 every 2 weeks thent that ran out like 3 months ago i got 2 grand of bills and sh!t just keeps building. only plus is i'm still stuck at my parents house so at least that's taken care of and no the graphic jobs here are very acarce i live in a area where it's all these burger joint jobs even those are like a 15 min run to get to plus best buys circuit city's i here nothing from i left school in 05 and put in apps there like every few months since i left school. the kicker i have never once heard anything back but constantly here from the employees when i'm there you know so much you should wor here. you ver apply? i'm like wtf.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4165
Sh!t they have jobs here paying $20/hr planting twolips! Interested? Polo..

Silver Member

Post Number: 935
haha , sh!it yea now transport that job to jersey.

btw just because i love saying it, Fucked Upload

Username: Alpine_player

Villa rica, Georgia United States

Post Number: 7
man my dad got laid off a job after 36 years. The place he worked at got bought out by another business and he is still lookin for somewhere to work. But he is aight so dont let it get you down.

Silver Member

Post Number: 936
yea my parents walked the same line after 30 years they both got axed from 2 diff places. i been just building and rennovating along with xbox 360 gaming.

Username: Alpine_player

Villa rica, Georgia United States

Post Number: 9
yea man that crap sucks because wat my dad did is like all he knows how to do and he managed it and its all gone now

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3460
Sorry to hear about your situation. Dont sweat it. It probly wasnt your first job, and your next one wont be your last one either. I hope you can collect in the interm. Look into the Maintenance field. Decent pay and alway openings in apartment, condos, commercial, retail, health care indusrty.

Silver Member

Post Number: 938
true thanks marc, repen my parents had the same deal but were able to find companys with simular things and adapted, the best thing i learned from my parents is go hunting now as with my case the longer u wait the worse it looks to the employer. i had bank job nailed then they seen how long i was out of work. plus my dads insurance wore thin so i'm toothless in my bottom front row i only got fangs on the bottom so i learned pretty well to talk with no lisp anymore but the bitcch is when u go to a interview and try to hide it. i have a feeling a few interviews went belly up due to it. no discrimination my azz.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4174
Sh!t stop stealing my pics! Now if you are willing to plant twolips for $20/hr then I will go to Jersey, BTW you do know it is planting twolips on my balls, right? :-O Polo..

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13959
Lol. Stop stealing my pics. LOLOLOLOL.

Where did YOU get them from???

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2168
Yanks and Danoel, its at best buy in the install bay. I know you guys hate the people that work there but why not try and get paid to do what I like to do? I went in for my final interview today and I will find out on Friday or Saturday what the deal is.

Im going in tomorrow for another job interview at a truck accessory place. I would be a driver, delivering big carports and stuff like that. Just looking to work 40 hours a week somewhere that wont be boring!

Good luck with the job searches for everyone else that is looking

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4179
Not from you Paul! I gots my own, lOl. Polo...

BTW- You Nigga's stole this one too!!! LMFAOSLB..

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 1037
unemployment FTW i was getting 670.00 every two weeks after taking out 10 percent for taxes...i rode taht ish out for 6 months and worked a 15 doaller an hour cash job @ 60hrs a week at the time and raked in the cashola

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2171
I hate when people do stuff like that Noel. Its not something to brag about. Taking money from people who pay taxes while you have a job that you arent paying taxes on. Thats a fucked up thing to do man and anyone with a good head on their shoulders should be able to see that. If you really cant find a job and are actually looking hard, unemployment is fine but when you steal money from the tax payers, its an a$$hole thing to do. Hope I didnt piss you off but if I did, oh well. People like you piss me off

Silver Member

Post Number: 947
i knew that twolips sh!it was gonna bite me in the azz. i was like where the fucked do u plant tulips in chicago? then it hit me when you posted after all i thought it was just your slang talk. like does yow chang hang so low it catches on ya wanga slappin dem honnies like a west side projects nun comin back from the ghetto, bahoyeees.

btw free country i get to steal ya stolin sh!t

"i knew some people that robbed some people that robbed some people" in the end it's not being claimed as mine just look at it as me gettin yo name out thier on da hook up, yall feellin me dawg?

btw fucked yo couch and ya squirrel, prob a nut fuckeer.

Silver Member

PA

Post Number: 539
Andrew good luck with getting that job at BB. Atleast it will be doin sumthing you like, like you said.

Lol planting tulips on nuts. LMAO....

good luck with for anybody else tryin to find a job....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us