Stupid Azz delima

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 814
ok so i have a fused distribution block from knukonceptz. it used minl anl fuses(midi) and i beleive they only go up to 150 amps and my new sub amp has 160 amp fuse rating. am i screwed and need to buy a new d-block or can i get buy with a 150 amp?

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2051
You want your distribution block to blow the fuse before it gets to the amp if you really have a surge that big.

In other words, you want the block to be 150.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 817
well my block is in the back but up front by the battery i have a 250 amp fuse. 250 amps is my total fuse rating between all my amps tho. i dont think they make 240 amp ones.

but do you think i will be alright? are 160amp fuses even made in any style?

also do you thikn i should swap out m 100 amp fuse going to me other amp for an 80amp fuse, it has a 90 amp fuse rating.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2052
I'll let someone else answer your total fuse question. I wanna make sure I'm not wrong.

As for the 100 for 80 swap DO IT. There is a fuse rating for a reason and you're playing with fire by not abiding by it.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 819
alright. its already done, i had an 80 amp laying around. btw im getting the fuse rating from the built in fuses on the amp itself.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12858
yup last time i checked mini anl only go up to 150A

u could hook it up but im guessing when u really start to turn ur vol high.. fuse will blow .....

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 822
yea thats what i thought too. so what should i do then, since i dont think 90 or 160 amp fuses are made in any style, just run 3 30's in parrallel as well as 2 80's? or just use bigger fuses and get a regular anl fused block? also is 1 run of 0 gauge going to be enough for my zx700.5 and XD2000 or should i run independent wires for each amp and forget about a d block.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 828
bump

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 819
just my 2 cents wh don't you throw in a breaker rather then a fuse that way u trip it from goin to high no harm u switch it back. typically a fuse should handle the voltage being thrown at it and then some only a huge surge would cause it to blow i think for example say u got a 20 amp fuse it might take 120 amps to blow it. i could be wrong but from having my hands in fuses alot and voltage 24/7 having a fuse as a fall back is better then overloading and loosing everything. this is why i feel a breaker might be best for you.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 820
just my 2 cents why don't you throw in a breaker rather then a fuse that way u trip it from goin to high no harm u switch it back. typically a fuse should handle the voltage being thrown at it and then some only a huge surge would cause it to blow i think for example say u got a 20 amp fuse it might take 120 amps to blow it. i could be wrong but from having my hands in fuses alot and voltage 24/7 having a fuse as a fall back is better then overloading and loosing everything. this is why i feel a breaker might be best for you.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 830
thats actually a really good idea but where can i find a 250 amp breaker that can work under my hood aka be water proof and able to width stand the higher temps?

also should i be ok with the single run of 0ga wire and then split in the trunk or should i run independent wires for each amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us