Derek I

douggiestyle
Hey I read some of the posts, you know your stuff, and I need help. So if you'd be so kind as to lend your expertise...

I'm currently pushing two 12 JL w0s in a ported box I had a friend make, powered by a Kenwood K-whatever amp giving 150 rms to each sub. I like the SQ alot, but for pride's sake I want more power when I need it. I've decided to upgrade but I'm completely stuck on a few options, so maybe you could tell me your opinions on each one?

For SQ and the occassional bump, my first option was a single 12 26v2 powered by thee jl 500x1, but its rather costly given my other options

So I figured I could go with a 15 in RF Power HX2 with a 1000 or 1001 bd amp but Ive heard many mixed reviews on it

A friend of mine recommended I go with the Elemental Design 15a, and I', considering a 15" Eclipse Alum. A final option was the Power Acoustik MOFO, and these subs would probably be pushed by a Viper 1200 amp

With so many options, I'm just trying to keep my costs reasonable, and I want it to sound good all the time and loud when I need it to. Hope that isn't too much touble, but...thanks.

well, i got a recommendation for ya.

im thinkin you want the most SQ possible without losing any SPL correct?

for you i'd recommend the adire audio shiva.

the subs cost about 125 apiece and are very nice.

for an amp, i'd go with the JBL BP600.1 or the JBL BP1200.1 depending on the budget.

to take a look at the shiva and its specs and reviews, go here

http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/shiva.htm

to buy the shiva, go here:

http://www.adireaudio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AA001&Category_Code=30.10

just to let you know, the shiva is about the same as the w6v2 without all the expense. i'd recommend this sub to anyone, and you will not be dissappointed.

douggiestyle
my friend is really pushing me to go with the elemental design 15a, which i thought was nice, but im just not 100% sure. have you had any experience with it? btw thanx for that recommendation, and you are 100% correct, i am definetely leaning towards sq and just unwilling to have a "home theatre" that doesnt penetrate my car walls while some punk kid gets off his giggles with his pos lightning audios.

douggiestyle
btw, the adire also makes the brahmas, which ive heard has really gone down hill in terms of build quality lately. they used to pund with insane durability, but the later ones, ive heard, sounds like sh!t.

well, if you didnt know, the brahma and some of Resonant engineerings subs are the same thing. so if you wanted the brahma you could go that route through RE. the ED subs are great, but i'd still take the shivas for SQ and power handling. that would be best in my book.

at the moment i am running 2 JL w3s with the JBL 600.1 amp, it pounds. ( i got the w3s for 150 in box, awesome deal from my cousin.)

I know about the recent brahma failures, and i no longer recommend them.

douggiestyle
bcause i am nosy, why go with the w3s? the 3v2s improve a lot, and the 6v2s are just that much better, it would seem. i considered just upgrading to the 3s but for the money im losing selling the 0s it seemed silly to do such a small upgrade. but maybe u have something else to contribute? btw, i think eds are a bit cheaper than the other options, and i like the weaved tinsel look =) a 15 from my friend did thump, and it was pretty accurate. and with an suv i cant really go with a weaker sq sub because it just wouldnt push enough sair. also...thoughts on a cap? i guess it does drain power and detract formt he amp, but ive heard its good uses too...

no, i wasnt telling you to get the 3s, i was just telling you that i personally own the 3s, because i got a good deal on them. no, dont get the w3s, i'd still recommend getting 2 shiva mark 3s, but if ur set on the ED, go for it.

as for the cap. it has its uses yes, but instead of the cap, and it cheaper than a cap actually, i'd recommend upgrading the power and ground cables from your battery, and getting a high cca battery like the optima yellow top or red top.

douggiestyle
awesome advise, i never thought about that. the cap is relatively cheap tho. i will let you know what id ecide on.

douggiestyle
i decided on the ed 15a with the avionixx 800.2 and the 660.4 (cant ememebr exact number on this one), the only other options now are either 2 12 eclipse alum b/c i can get them for 300 a pair or the 18 re x.xx cuz its...its just awesome. any suggestions? btw any idea how much the re's go for? stupiid canadian prices...

btw whats the diff between the red and yellow top?

alkdffjl;aksjdf;lkasjdfl;skajfd omfg you HAVE TO GET THE X.X.X i've been wanting to get the HC, but the XX.X would be completely incredible. and an 18 at that, the SPL would be enough to burst your eardrums. the only problem would be finding and amp big enough to power that beast, and you would have to build a box like a tank.

the RE all the way,
http://www.genuinecanadianaudio.com/pricelist.htm

the yello top is 800 cc, the red top is 1000 i believe, i gtg now.

later
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us