15 Inch Kicker Comp VR or Adire Tempest?

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 45
Getting a brand new sub and have narrowed it down to these two. Tempest is dual 8 ohm so I would be putting 250 watts x1, or the Kicker would be dual 4 and my amp would do 500x1. Should I go with the Kicker since it would be a better match for my amp or is the Adire a better pick? Both would cost about the same.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 609
i would get a new amp and get the tempest if i were you...

ive heard both and i prefer the tempest by a large margin in SQ and SPL and effeciency

Bronze Member

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 46
Somehow I knew you were going to say that! Did not really want to get a different amp. Guess I better consider that

Bronze Member

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 47
Will order the Tempest (price is $139 from speedsound.com) or does anyone know where to get them cheaper? Don't know what they charge to ship yet. And its_bacon will the 250 X1 be enough to push it? Don't really have the $ for a new amp right now. I got a Memphis st500d and I really like it and it has the remote bass installed so I would go with another memphis so I could still use the same controler, but the next step up Memphis is the 1000d which is a little pricy for me.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 614
well i guess if you dont have aneough money, then go with the compVR, in your case it will probably be louder but i would say the tempest has a slight advantage SQ and SPL wise

dont always go by what other say too, look around some more if you wish and try to find these and listen to them in person
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us