Jl XR or Kappa Perfect 6.1 in the front

Bronze Member
Username: Glinkov

Post Number: 15
I'm really torn between these two. I've listened to the jl's in a friends car and they sound good. But I can't find a place to listen to the kappa's. Should i just go with the Xr's? Also, is it definitely okay to keep the rear speakers empty in a honda accord coupe 2000?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 128
Since I'm biased toward the Kappa Perfect components, I won't tell you which I think is better. It's subjective, but I can tell you what to expect out of the Perfects. Since you've heard the JL's, I'll tell you the differences.

Overall, the Infinity is a more aggressive sounding component system. The Infinity's tweeter is a bit brighter. Some people find them too harsh, some like their accuracy. It depends on what you want and where you mount them, you can always turn down the tweeter level on the crossover (But if they're mounted really close to your ears on the pillars, yes, they will be harsh, regardless of cutting them down on the crossover). Infinity's use an aluminum mid-woofer, and has good midbass and very accurate midrange. They're more crisp sounding, but not as warm feeling as the XR's. They won't produce the really low bass (like rap) like the JL's will, in case you don't run subwoofers. Another difference is the Infinity's get LOUD. In my experience, they're louder than the JL's, and are very clean at high levels. They'll come very close to making your ears bleed. Overall, the JL's are not as aggressive, but still crisp and detailed, while having a warmer sound.
Having no rear speakers will be fine. It'll be better for the front soundstage because the vocals and instruments will be only in front of you, just like a concert. The ideal soundstage wouldn't have sound coming from the rear. Also, the rear speaker holes will allow a subwoofers bass to enter the cabin through a place other than the foam of the rear seat.

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Penn State , Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 18
Jonathan, thanks for the post, because I too am picking up two sets of the Perfect 6.1 components. Your description was great, makes me wanna go get em today... but insurance is due. :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us