Need HU Advice!

Username: Ryanics

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone, I have been doing a lot of research recently on new head units, the main three brands that I have considered are Alpine, Kenwood (X), and Pioneer (Premiere).
My main drive as of recent has been towards Pioneer Premiere, 880PRS and the 980BT. I like how they offer the in-car equalizer with the microphone, sounds really sweet.

Here are all the options I have found,
Kenwood KDC-X891 $184 (new)
Alpine CDA-9887 $280 (used)
Pioneer Premiere
deh-p880prs $175-$220 (used)
Deh-p980BT $250 Used

I'd appreciate everyone's opinion!
Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 779
The 980BT and 880PRS are both very nice units. I was planning on buying the 980BT but, then I had to cut short and find something cheaper.

If your looking into that Alpine CDA-9887, you can buy a brand new one that comes with the dash kit and stuff for only $20 more here: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9767_Alpine+CDA-9887.html

Not a personal fan of kenwood...

Overall, i'd go with the 980BT if you've got the money for it.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 916
I got a Premier 860MP, had it for 2 years and it still rocks. Don't overlook older models. Especially older Alpine.

Had a 9813 some years back and it was exceptional, then it got stolen. C'est le vie.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 789
^agreed, I think some of the older Alpines are better than the newer models today!

Silver Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 133
try pio from p5900mp model to higher model like p880prs, and also did it ever occur to you that panasonic is a nice source unit to choose from, try their high end source, i highly recommend it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us