Clarion dxz745mp

Username: Jonnyboy420

Post Number: 4
well, i found a site where i can get the dxz 745mp for $250 brand new. but i read the thread where the guy had problems with his dxz835. i'm just asking opinions on what people think about a possible future problems for the 745mp. it does come with a 3 year warranty, i think, so i'm still pretty set on getting it.

Soundbitez
Unregistered guest
That guy was me. Hehe. I wouldn't buy it. Clarion must have realized that that series was faulty and came out with the DXZ*46MP series, which was what I was replaced with. And then they decided to sell the old model with discounts. My previous model was actually DXZ845MP (I think) and now I'm using DXZ746MP. From what I heard the new model just came out in April. Not sure if it's out in USA yet coz when I looked for it online, I only got the Japanese and Korean links.

The fault had something to do with the display that shows the rotating CD. Mine decided to go AWOL and changed color on its own!

Post Number: 6
well, i also looked for the dxz746 and found it on an australian site but couldn't find a price on it. and did you say that you returned the faulty head and they gave you the 746mp? or did you get the 746mp from the japanese site? and was there really a problem with the 45 series, or was it just your unit? i'm not going to be able to get anything for a few months, and i'm hoping that they might have the 46's in the US by then. but any feed back would be appreciated.

Soundbitez
Unregistered guest
Yeah they gave me the 746MP. Actually the DXZ835MP was cheaper than the 846MP. If they were to give me the 846MP, I'd have to pay a bit extra. Then again they wanted to provide me a replacement with the same features as my 835MP, and that's where the 746MP comes in. The 846MP did not have the 24bit DAC feature but the 746MP model did.

It could be a defect on my unit, but I notice on the newer model, the display has changed dramatically. I think it could also be problems with the contact point from your detachable faceplate to the player. Anyhow, I feel like whenever something is given on discount, its either because they are coming up with a better model or it is faulty. Besides it wasn't too long ago that they came out with the 35 series. So I have a feeling that Clarion discovered defects in the 835MP model. I still don't get why the 46 models were only made available in the Australian site.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
is there any difference between the dxz745 and 746? i really like the clarion hu's. my friend has had one for over 7 yrs with no problems at all. i know that clarion came out with the 35series and soon after with the 45series and now the 46, but the 46 is only online from other countries. it's all messed up. maybe i should start looking at other ones like alpine or eclipse. i've never seen eclipse heads, soo i'm going to go look at them now. alpines are a litle out of my price range, just barely.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us