FM volume goes down randomly

Username: Ritzmonkey

Chelsea, OK

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony CDX L550X cd player in my car, and have had it for about 5 years or so. And have just a little amp and two subs. I havent had any problems before, until last weekend.

I was driving to town and felt something on my leg, i noticed it was a wire, so i moved it over and thought nothing of it. Later on my drive home i was listening to the radio and it just got quiet all fo the sudden. I had to turn the volume all the way up just to hear any sound.
I turn the unit off for a while, and back on, and it is normal again. Sometimes it'll do it when i mess w/ the volume, or sometimes just randomly by itself.

I took out the unit and found that the wire is the AMP REM MAX 0.3A wire. I dont know wher eit was hooked...if it was even hooked at all, or what. I just know its not connected to anythign at all now.

When I play a CD it doesnt seem to be affected at all, the volume is normal and has no problems.

I Just have no idea where that wire is supposed to be.

If anyone could help, it'd appreciate it!

Username: Nuttzzy34

Post Number: 1
hey man do you have a factory amplifier? because if you do that the wire from the radio to the amp.... AMP REM(Remote) and depending on how all the speakers are powered they will sound quiter with no amp. CD's in my ride always sound alittle louder than radio because its reading it direct and not reciveing a signal and going threw ant wires and all that jazz

Bronze Member
Username: Racerdude15

Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Post Number: 12
the remote wire tells the amp to turn on....if you didnt know that already that would cause your subs to stay off
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us