SQ/SQL setup

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 514
My friend is getting a new setup and need some opinions. He's wanting something with great sound quality, since he listens to everything, and it has to be a 12" under 1000 watts. Its going in an 01' grand prix on stock electrical (105 amp alt).

He was thinking about a Type X, $250 new on ebay and a kicker zx1000.1 refurbished.
What about a sound splinter RL-p, and do they make RL-I 12"? Mb quarts PWH, ssa icon, ascendant audio arsenals?

If anyone has anything they want to sell, preferably new, lemme know. Also Im gonna pm Keven Holden and see how much he can get me a sundown1000d for. He wants something for $250 for sub (give or take) and about no more than $300 for amp. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 77
def the kicker refurb i got one off ebay refurb and its still standing strong like 5 months ago.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 515
How would a 12" BM sound? How much power can they handle daily? Can get one on low-hz for $170.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 517
Bump

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3316
i would contact steve miller at RD audio about the NEW elite. not the old one... that or go with an audiopulse epic

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 519
anyone else... bump

Gold Member

Post Number: 3328
my idea ftw

Gold Member

Post Number: 3330
my idea ftw

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1118
I'm thinking about getting a pair of BM's for when I get a ranger (or f150 depends which is more affordable)

but anyway, would he be interested in a RD 1000.1 for $300? I'm looking for more power, the amp works 100%, and is maybe 9/10 cosmetically

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 520
I'll talk to him tomarrow at school and ask him. I just want to get some opinions and see what works for him. I sent a message about the elite, and I'm waiting for a response. I'll ask him about the audiopulse, is there anywhere cheaper to get it that $299? I found on ssa.com a 12" icon+ sae-1000D for $499, does that sound resonable?
Is $250 shipped for a new type x worth it? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want to know all my options.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3339
Icon sounds reasonable, and no there's nowhere to get the epic cheaper. I heard Type X is over-hyped. Chad had one a LONG time ago. Ask him what he thinks.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1129
the RD 1000.1 and the sae-1000D are virtually the same thing, I'm really wanting to go a bit bigger on power, so if you're interested I'd be willing to sell my RD 1000.1 for $300 shipped neg

Gold Member

Post Number: 3343
I'm not personally interested, but you know what going with bigger power means right? If you are on a budget, your best bet may be to stick with your amp and find some subs that are efficient.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1138
the offer was for Donnie...lol

I yes I know what bigger power means, and I'm on a budget, but within that budget I can afford a larger alt, wire, etc. I'm not concerned with that part of the exn right now.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 522
Hmm, If we did an 12 FI Q, would it be worth it for th bp power upgade for $40? How loud would it get is a SQ setup?
Also for an amp maybe a rockford t5001? Can get one for around $200.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 524
I think he wants to buy new or from a store. He wants some sort of warranty. Not saying I dont trust you or anything, it's just what he wants.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1142
RD will honor the warranty on the amp, but that RF is a purty good amp, does around 1000wrms

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 526
With the rf t5001bd amps, there is a couple different models. Is there one specific on that is the best, or worth buying over the other. I found these 3 models...

Upload
Upload
Upload

Im guessing the order listed is newest to oldest. Are the newer ones better? If anyone has one of these amps or know someone that does and knows what the birth sheet said for wrms, post it. I want to know which will put out the most power, if there is a difference.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1150
I think the one in the middle is the one I was specifically thinking about. But I'm sure all three are rated the same, which is like 500@1 ohm, but really do around 1000@1 ohm

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 529
bump, ^^^^^^^^^^^^need to know about all the rockies
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us