What amp for best sq?

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 186
I don't know much about the different quality amps out there for components. Something around 100rmsx2 would be nice. I'm looking to power components. what do you think about these? I'm leaning away from JL just because i don't know if the price is worth it. I've heard good things about these companies, but i don't know anything about the quality of their amps.

Diamond D3 400.2
Alpine PDX-2.150
Phoenix Gold V1502
Powerbass ASA-600.2
MTX TC4002
JL Audio 300/2
MB Quart PAB2100
Nakamichi PA2002

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3217
nakamichi will have the best SQ, but it will cost ya...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6058
Saying the Nakamichi will have the best SQ is quite a stretch. I highly doubt you've heard all of those amplifiers on the exact same set of speakers in the same enclosures running the same signal. That being said...you probably wouldn't even notice the difference in the SQ from one amp to the next unless you're a true audiophile. Worry about your speakers and enclosures and imaging and placement before you worry about the amp your going to run. That will make the most noticeable difference. Nakamichi is known to be of great sound quality though but so is MB Quart and JL saying the nakamichi will be the best is not something I would say or even worry about anyhow. I would run any of the amps you listed above in an SQ install except for the PG,MTX and PowerBass but that's all personal preference.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3219
who is known for some of the best sound quality equipment available? nakamichi.. that's what i meant by saying it would be the best... you're right to doubt me hearing all of those amps on the same set of speakers does that mean i shouldn't give my opinion? i dont think you've heard all these amps either, but you still commented...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us