GM Passkey transponder bypass help

Username: Adroc3905

Post Number: 9
Hi, wondering if anyone has a simple way to connect this PKU-GM bypass? I have the instructions but they are confusing when it comes to programming. The wiring seems self-explanatory from the directions but the programming is weird. It states after turning the key on and off (2 seconds) I have to position the backside of the module against the back transponder located around the metal ignition cylinder. Then to attempt the RS sequence to see if programming was successful. Yet the Tech tips provided along w/ the install instructions state that no wiring harness should be connected while programming the bypass. So I am supposed to program it and test it yet have nothing connected? That makes no sense to me. Can someone who has successfully installed one of these help. This unit does not require a key to operate, just to program. The programming is a one-shot deal so I want to get it right the first time.

Also does this module need to mounted to the backside of the ignition cylinder or can it be mounted anywhere once programmed?

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us