Brad. Got it sorted. Easy....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3011
Got it sorted out. DL a live recorder, then converted to mp3. very easy. Can now capture streaming radio and other non- dlable stuff.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3012
oh yea,
Marc 2
Myspace 0

Upload

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3011
Nice... glad you got the songs you wanted.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3013
Hey, Thanks again for your efforts.
Just in case you ever need it.
I used Audacity-win-1.2.6 to capture, then
Lame-3.97 to export to mp3.

Very simply solution. Not over-engineered like that other stuff was with cache files and hacked links and stuff. Plus I didnt have to register. lol
Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 954
Lol. Want simpler? I used to do it that way. It's such a b!tch.
Internet Download Manager.
The only way.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1913
"Want simpler?" - flashgot for firefox Upload

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3016
Want even simpler? Stay out of threads that don't concern you douchebags.
Opera rules by the way, FF sucks... look into it nOObs.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 653
hey brad, marc, you can use that program to rip streaming music off the internet?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3020
Yes. Thats the Idea. I wanted a few songs that were posted at a bands site, but were not Dl-able. ( A local boston band from the 80's) Coulndnt find a cd, record or tape of them, and ive been looking for years. With those programs, you can record the songs as the stream, and then convert them to mp3's so they can be copied to cd, thumbdrive, pc, or whatever. Ive also streamed some stuff off aol radio's XM, but the down side is that most stream at low bitrate, so SQ is on the low side. but hey, it works.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 655
can you tutor me on how to record streaming audio?

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 657
anyone?

bump for help

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3021
use Audacity-win-1.2.6 to capture,
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

then

Lame-3.97 to export to mp3.
http://lame.sourceforge.net/index.php

you need to download the zips, unzip em, and run em.
I made a folder to keep em in to make it easy to find em.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 661
um...got the programs, I just need to know how to record streaming audio off the internet, capture it, and how to export it to lame. help?

there are alot of buttons for audacity, that's why I was asking for some help, and I couldn't figure it out.

thanks

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3022
find what you want to capture. open recorder, hit record on the player, play stream. Cut the first part and last part off the recording if need be, then export as a mp3 in the file tap It will open Lame automaticlly and do it.. Dude its not that hard.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3666
" Want even simpler? Stay out of threads that don't concern you douchebags.
Opera rules by the way, FF sucks... look into it nOObs. "

LMAO. Ownage!!!!!

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 664
this is what it looks like when I try recording something playing over the interweb....Upload
also, I can't set it to stereo mix, either microphone or line in, there is no 'open recorder' option either, just the record button, but then it records nothing when I play it back....
sorry for being such a noob, thanks for the help though!

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3025
Set drop menu to stereo mix.....

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 666
I apologize I don't understand, if I click the drop down menu, the only options I have are microphone or line in....again, sorry for being such a noob

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5418
i use calkwalk pyro for this, and putting LPs on CDs works good for both.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3026
Go to file> new> there should be a blank recording ready now. Try the drop down menu now. If it doesnt work, try re dling it. its the 1.2.6 version. Also it has some cool features in the Effects area. Mainly adding bass to songs, speeding up, slow down, Inverse, backwards, pretty funny. I make copies of the file to mess around with so I dont ruin the original. Honestly I dont know why you can get the drop menue. Can you see the stereo mix ? You can be playing, recording when you pick it. Start fresh with a new recording.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3027
Maybe this will help you from being techno challanged.

http://polaris.umuc.edu/de/ezine/how_to/audacity/audacity.htm

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3028
look here to

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?invocationType=topsearchbox.search&query=usi ng+audacity+to+record

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 667
I don't understand why it's not working, I followed both your instruction and the site you just mentioned, still no drop down stereo thing.

re dled it, when I play the track on youtube, even with everything unplugged from the headphone jack, audacity picks up zilch

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 668
seems like those sites are saying how to record your voice through a microphone, I want to know how to record something that is being played off of an interweb site

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3030
try line in. How do you have speakers hooked up to your pc?

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 669
tried that too, tried starting with line in, tried changing b/w line in and microphone and nothing, I have my speakers hooked up through the head phone jack, tried recording with them in and with them out....what's wrong?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3031
do you have a mic plugged in?

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 670
no, don't have one, but I also tried plugging the speakers into the mic spot, instead of the head phone jack and got nothing

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3033
Well, I dont know what else to say. Did you go to the prefrence tab? and play with the settings?
Like the title of the post says, Got it sorted, Easy.... I just dl it, and had no problems. You must have some settings off.

You running Windows Vista?

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 671
nope, running XP

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3034
Well, You really should look for info on the web. But being a nice guy, I found some more stuff for YOU TO READ. Look at the part about 3/4 way down. Where it tells you how to set it up with XP.

http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#Using_the_Cont rol_Panel

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 672
read through that site that you so graciously provided for me, went through the motions, tried updating my drivers, that didn't work, still don't have an option for stereo mix....just microphone and line in

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3035
did you click on the propeerties of the speaker icon on your desk top tool bar?

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 673
yessir, tried that before updating....

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3037
Well, Im out of ideas.

If all else fails, you can connect a cable from the line-out (green) port of the computer to the line-in (blue), and choose the line-in as recording source. If you need to hear what you're recording, you can buy a single stereo to double stereo adaptor that will give you a spare jack to plug the speakers into. Alternatively, try Freecorder which is a virtual sound driver distinct from your sound device and installs as a browser plug-in,

http://applian.com/freecorder3/index.php

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3038
Heres another program similar to audacity that may work for you easier

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 674
wow, holy sh1t, that freecorder paired with wavepad worked so much easier and faster!!!

thanks so much man, I've been dying to get this song for so long, but it's been unreleased

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3039
Well, Im
glad, U "got it sorted easy....."

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 678
well.."got it sorted, easy" after getting rid of audacity, lol

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3042
Sorry to keep dragging this thread up, But have you tried burning a cd yet? I burnt one last night with my 2 streamed songs on it, but it just tries to play 3 seconds of it, then moves on to the next track. So I find out you need to save as mp3 stereo mix in audicity. So I try that, but instead of CD, im going to USB drive. Again it doesnt recognize them. Since 7 pm, till now Ive been doing everthing to make it burn. formatted the thumbdrive 3-4 times, still nothing. So I try to transfer known ggod mp3s to it, and those dont work either. Finally, I find that the installed software on the thumb drive was causing conflict. Found the programs unistall, reformat again, tranfer and finally, they play on the USB. Still dont know why they wouldnt play on the cd burn thuo.. Maybe cause I didnt save as a stereo mix? Any way, I thought I share that. Let me know if you were able to get a burnt copie of streamed with that other software stuff.

Man... What a waste of time car audio is.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 683
well it plays just fine on my ipod, haven't tried putting it on a CD yet, it's kinda dead technology to me, lol...but the songs are def a lil quieter then songs I've dnld or ripped from CDs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us