how is it done?? i tryed it with 2 12" RE SE and i get nothing
will a 18 Q in a 9cft at 32Hz work
Thanks,
Quentin

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1425
you gotta be moving a lot of air or have tons of preasure in your car a Q is an sq sub i really dont think you'll be able to build much preasure with that sub oh and the lower the hz the harder it is to do hairtricks

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 305
thanks RayRay

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 125
I thought you moved more air with lower hz?

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 712
^Lower freq is much easier for me to do a hair trick (<43hz), then again I do better numbers lower
I did a hair trick with 2krms and 1 btl in the back of a tahoe, so I think with the right enclosure anything could be possible- though I wouldn't expect crazy results. It takes work, or just lots of money :-)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3933
my Jetta could do it.. all about the moving air

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3720
yep its all about moving a sh1t load of air, my friend with 2 10inch shocker sigs and 2 kx2500.1's could barely do a hair trick, but some kid i know who has 2 15inch l7's ported low off a z1500.1 can do them no prob. also the veichle you have plays a key role in doing it.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 738
A good hair trick takes a lot of bass, which is why it's impressive. If you can do at least mid 140s with a daily set up on music lol, you can probably do a good hair trick. Something low like the low note of white girl - jeezy has done good for us. Close all doors and windows and leave just the window your using open. You may need to roll up the window partially to do it if your not hitting very high.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1885
def takes alot of work and/or money to do 40s in music

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 9022
My 1 15" alpha does hair tricks :-)

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1906
my 18" Q does weenie hair tricks lol, and its in a trunk. its all about the lows

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3936
don't really take much money to do mid 140s daily.. 2000-3000rms and two nice 15"s ported 35-40hz and your there .. given the proper build on the box/design

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2991
Tip # 1: Make sure the ho doesn't have hairpray, mousse, semen or gel in her hair.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5413

quote:

Tip # 1: Make sure the ho doesn't have hairpray, mousse, semen or gel in her hair.

Hair tricks are easier w/ low notes...I used to be able to do alil one w/ an RE SX15. I was doing 143's at 32hz though.

My 2 DD3515's w/ 2 IA20.1's do a pretty good one :-)

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 476
hmm i wounder if i could do it probably not but i am going to try lol my subs are moving massive air now that they are getting there power

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2996
One of the best hair tricks

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3728
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/AscendantAudio/avalanche15.4.wmv naaa this is the best hands down!!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2988
I can see peoples shirts flutter when the bass hits hard on music... umm it helps to have a lot of port area i think

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 643
nah i dissagree on it takes lots of money to move hair or hi 140's... cuz my friend has 2 7500 mtx 15's in a sealed box with 2 801d mtx amps in his explorer and his hits 141.3 . he did it at teh comp in new lisbon its by teh wisconsin dells just incase you ppl dont know bout where that is. but idk hsis can barely do it just a lil bit it moves soem hair.. but w/e. i am hopin when i get my new system ill be able to do it. but if i had 2 12's bl's ported at about 37 hz would you guys think i coudl do it in my grand prix?

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 739
It doesn't take much to noticably move hair or a shirt, but to do a good hair trick it takes some dB's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 717
^I agree. 1 kicker L7 15 made visible hair movement from the back of a yukon, but doing good hair tricks took quite a bit more. A smaller vehicle would make things much easier though.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13047
Its all about trail and error...If you can build boxes or have access to different boxes..u can do a hair trick with little effort

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2373
it also takes long hair

Silver Member

Post Number: 722
^people with oily hair or products in it don't work good. Long light hair works better, and some with thinner/thicker hair turn out better too.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 431
so is it safe to assume a box with alot of port area would do better hair trix?

and for the sake of a laff, what if in brads hair trick movie he posted that blonde at the end was a dude?!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us