OT: If anyone can help me out real fast...

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1021
My grandparents locked the both sets of keys in their car. I googled it and couldn't find anything. They have Onstar, but it isn't activated. Is there any other way to open the doors without having to get a new key made? It's an '05 Buick Lacrosse.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1672
How about a hanger? That's worked for me the only two times someone I know has needed it. I've never tried a newer car tho...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6624
mite have to take the 9 iron to the front window....

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1022
Yeah sure Yanks, a new window would be much cheaper than getting a key made. (sarcasm) But if I called Onstar would they open the doors for you even if it's not activated?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6625
hope you know i was kidding....anyway, call them and see, never hurts to ask

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 426
i doubt it, unless u could activate it at that moment while on the phone

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1023
Yeah I know Yanks. It's cool. It'd suck if they charged a full month just to have the doors unlocked though.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10763
Buddy at work locked his keys in his truck today. If you want to take the chance you can wedge the door frame open up at the window frame where it flexes the most. Only enough to reach in with something long enough to hit the power door lock button. It worked for him. Just throwing it out there.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2953
Tow companies charge about 75 or so to try. Cops dont do it no more due to side airbags. What you need is a slim jim. Is it power locks? probably cause its a buick.
Slide a coat hanger thru the top of the door weather stipping, adjust to hit the unlock button. You may need something stronger and longer then a coat hanger wire. Also a screw driver will help pry the top of the door out to get some working room. good luck.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10766
Yeah, locksmiths will rApe you. After I saw how easy it was to trigger the door lock like I explained it shocked me as to how easy it was to steal a car today.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1024
We tried all that. Just said screw it for tonight. We're just going to get a new key tomorrow. Thanks anyway yall.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1677
"Slide a coat hanger thru the top of the door weather stipping, adjust to hit the unlock button."

Exactly

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1678
Or not

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3711
If I set my locks with the remote it does not allow you to unlock the doors by pushing the button. I Have a passcode 3 system and the key cost $300, cheaper to pop the window. It might be easier to locate the keys and try to use a hanger to hook them instead of going for the lock release.. Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 7056
brake the window...the smallest one that u can enter........ the window is like 50 bucks installed so its cheaper

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5379
iv dont this alot in my past. it is very very easy. you should be able to do it in five minute. get a flat head and wire coat hanger. put a little peice of cloth around the screw driver to wedge the door open around the top corner, stick the wire hanger threw and either press the unlock button, pull the handle, or pull up on the lock. or this is a little harder and not a good idea if you have side airbags, but buy a slim jim or use the hanger to go down the weather stripping under the window and pull up on the wire that moves the door lock.

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1025
We tried the coat hanger every which way we could and it didn't work. I can always get a duplicate made from the dealership. Won't cost much.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 578
locksmiths r ape you, cops are idiots when it comes to that, they'll f!ck your car so fast. Just get a big rubber or plastic wedge stick it in between the top of the door and the window line and a long piece of sturdy wire, you can find that at any dept store prettty easy

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 119
just take off the antenna from the car and stick in in through the weather stripping. i've done this so many times on fords. not to steal them of course lol

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5470
You're making this far more difficult than it really is.If you can't get it open and you don't want to break out a window or call a locksmith the answer is easy.Get a new key.If you're tired of the car all together and have full coverage just light it on fire and file a claim :-)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6883
yeah getting a new key is better than damaging or scratching the car

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1031
Yup, got the new key today. Only cost $30.

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 376
get one of those key magnet boxes and put a spare in it and stick it to the underside of the frame. then you wont have to worry about locking yourself out again

Silver Member
Username: Kickerman

Post Number: 197
"get one of those key magnet boxes and put a spare in it and stick it to the underside of the frame. then you wont have to worry about locking yourself out again"

or any1 else in that case
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us