18" subs suggestions...

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2225
800 max for the sub. wat are the specs on ur amp also. 800 will buy u pretty much nicest sub u can buy.

Silver Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

MN US

Post Number: 111
well i accidentally double posted(laggy internet) went to delete one and u posted in it at the same time... heres the original post... "welll i might be getting a car for christmas/birthday so i will have a truck to build a nice box... right now im bumpin a 12" memphis mojo in a 2cuft ported to 36 hz.. i was juss window shopin and came by the RE Audio 18" 2000 Watt Dual 2/4 Ohm SX Series Subwoofer... it would be nice cus i wouldnt need to get a new amp. my budget would be 800 for the sub.."

well my amp is a 1000 watt 2channel. ummm sterio 4 ohm 250w, sterio 2 ohm 500w, mono 4ohm bridged 1000w. that RE audio would fit being 1000w rms and its around $500 of woofersetc. saving money for a new amp...my amp is shitty but it would surfice until i got a new one is what i was getting at.. sub NEEDS to be 18. no body at schools got 1. and i want to be that guy. haha

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 666
Kicker SoloX S18X -i saw one for 700

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 155
for 1K wrms?

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 113
what are the specs on that kicker?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 667
5000rms

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 668
lol

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 114
jesus christ. what would i hav to spend on a 5000w amp?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 671
a hell of alot

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6423
good deal of money....plus even more money on an electrical system.....overall, youd be looking at in the realm of $2k or so, probably more

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 672
5000rms amp....probobly like 1000-1200 bucks
and a ton of batterys and a huge alt.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2329
well, you know what they say.

go big or go home...

solo-x and stepsom 7kw and quad alts oh my!

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
solo x is such a waste of money if u really think about the electrical upgrades.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 257
hey for 800 i will sell my dd 9918 shipped...new recone never out of box

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 673
well if u wanna be loud......

and fu(k that sub weighs 100 lbs

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 666
On 1000 watts I really wouldn't consider anything like the 9918, except that you will be able to get a better amp down the road to match the sub.

Something meant for lower power will most likely fit your needs better though, like a Fi BL 18 for less than 350 shipped. It will easily handle 1500+rms, but will still be very loud on 1k. Kicker has an 18 cvr or cvx (don't remember which) that would also be decently loud.
You could use the extra money for a bigger amp, and maybe some towards electrical upgrades. The BL should give you similar or better performance than the SX.

It all depends on if you want to buy something to match your amp (which you don't have to spend 800 to get) or if you want to spend the money to upgrade your amp, alternator(s) and wiring.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
troy - i dont think in the 06/07 line kicker made an 18" except for the X, but in past years they may have. i should check that.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 115
haha lol. i think ill stick with that re audio.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 116
ild like to not get a new alt or any batts. maybe 1000 to 1500 watts rms. and yea i will be getting a new amp down the road to fit whatever sub i get.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3725
I've got an 06 XXX 18" you could buy for a lil more than $800 :P

solox 18.. 700 is pricey.. i can get them for way cheaper :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 671
I don't understand the lol? I'd take the BL over the SX. The BTL costs 500 shipped, and I'd take that over the SX, hell, the MT for that matter, but that would be overkill for 1krms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
TC and DC sounds both have some nice 18s equipment if you want to spend more money.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 118
so troy 1000 rms... whats the cheapest 18 inch... what would u buy?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6429
http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp18_subwoofer_information.html

possibility

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3631
"http://www.soundsplinter.com/rlp18_subwoofer_information.html

possibility"

what he said, or maybe an AA havoc?

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 119
toss me linksss

Silver Member

Post Number: 673
If I never intended to upgrade my amp, I'd get a Fi SSD with flatwind and BP. If I wanted to upgrade to around 1500-2krms I'd get a loaded Fi BL. I would have bought from RE if Fi hadn't emerged. DD has some great subs, but the price difference is huge, and you don't have 3krms+ for a 9500 series.

I am extremely happy with my 18" fi subs, and have been impressed with all the subs I've heard from them. Also the customer service has been amazing, and scott is a great guy. There are very few places you can get a sub built to fit your needs, especially in that price range.

I know a guy with 2 BL 18s on 1krms each, and they absolutely pound out of the back of a yukon with no wall.

Others will prefer other things, but Fi has been a great company through multiple purchases, and the products are excellent.

Silver Member

Post Number: 674
http://bigbassman.realmofexcursion.com/images/graphs/dbwatt-ported.gif

DB per watt from the great 12 challenge. You can only assume that it will stay similar with increasing size.

http://bigbassman.realmofexcursion.com/images/graphs/average-ported.gif

This shows the BTL was the loudest they tested, (which speaks good things about the BL, since it wasn't out when they did the original testing) and also for the Kicker CVX I recommended (assuming that's the one that comes in an 18 now).

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 120
niice.. i like that.is your 't' button like sitcking? u say BTL some places and BL in others... im def. upgrading my amp when i move to an 18... ive seen your vids and build of your 4 btls. i think im guna go with that then... could u direct me to the site u got your btl from?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6431
ficaraudio.com

only place to get them

Silver Member

Post Number: 675
I don't think it's sticking, unless there was a type-o I missed I was talking about both subs. I was talking about the btl because the BL wasn't tested with those charts. They show the BTL doesn't have the greatest db/watt ratio, but on rms power+ they shine. The same goes for the BL imo, a great sub, but it needs rms+ to really bring it alive.

I'm just saying if you have more than 1k and less than 2k watts go for a BL, more than 2krms get a BTL (but you didn't say you were really going for that much power).

And like yanks said, ficaraudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5310
Get yourself a DD 3518 but I'd put a bit more power on it.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 477
BTL
DP
RL-p
Havoc

all good choices for 18".

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12338
limited to 1000wrms ? - well for the obvious choice would be a RE SX .....

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 123
not really limited..... i just REALLY dont want to have to buy a new alternator or battery. not sure what my batt or alt can handle.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2636
i hink id love to here a rd sonance 18 built for low end. 1k would be great for it. maybe a xxx 18 thet were low end monsters too. btl over kill im sure it would be pretty nice but just kinda a waste unless you get a bigger amp down the road. rl-p would be a good choice too. but the sonance would be an awesome on 1k =)

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 124
wat would b the highest wattage i could put out with stock batt and alt? if i can do 2k-ish i kinda want to go 2 18" fi BLs. off a 2 channel amp... that would be niiiice

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3633
how big is your stock alt? if its under 150A which most are your not gonna be able to run 2k effectively, most alt are around 100A so 1500wrms is the max i would run, me personally would go with the rl-p great sub, has great low end and great sq. or maybe an AA avalanche there low end monsters fs of 16hz if i remeber, and only need 1000wrms to get moving.

Silver Member

Post Number: 677
^I really wouldn't push up to 2k on a stock alt. 1500 would be great on a pair of SSD 18s, but if space was an issue I'd get one BL. More power than that you're looking at larger electrical upgrades. You could get one BL on 1k-1500, then 2 on 2-3k if it wasn't loud enough down the road (after h/o alt and wire upgrade(s).

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 125
jesus... haha so many options... i really like the bl... but the SSD hits lower and has lower rms so i could through 2 in there and send 1500rms to them... but i like how dustin says the avalanche will hit lower... but cant find it anywhere.. link?

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 372
Q's hit pretty low and i love my 18"Q

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3634
um ya the ava is no longer made, it was a great sub though, look on forums every now and again theres an ava motor for sale which can be reconed to an 18, or maybe 2 ava 15's? they are very efficant motors and will do well with only 800-1000wrms so 1500wrms on a pair would be ear sex. also i know you don't want more options but have you looked at treo ssi? i think they make those in 18's great sub also good sq and will get loud but won't have the low end authority like the ava does.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 126
haha damit monkeyman.... now i got to consider that 1 2.. haha and ya thanks dustin... i think im either going to get 2 fi q which hits nice lows and 1000rms and upgrade my system or go with 2 ssd's and keep my alt stock... and run 1500rms.. bl's just dont hit as low. im likin the ssd's cus then all i need is a new amp and if i make the box nicely it will be loud as hell... now what should i do for an amp for my 2 Fi SSD's... im aimin for 1500rms so 750 each...?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6439
kicker zx1500.1 would work well on them.....ssd's are decent little subs....if your looking for a sub which will stay real clean, dont get the ssds then....they arent the cleanest sub ive heard

Silver Member

Post Number: 678
Sundown 1500, hifonics 1600, that kicker would be a great choice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 679
^ I heard some ssds with copper coils, they sounded very good imo.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 127
800 rms isnt that small... and 2 18" will be rediculous.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 128
ya ill upgrade all that stuff.. the copper coils and all the other options Fi has on their site.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3636
just some advice fi subs are known for lead slap, espically the ssd so just be aware of that, and i would go with a RE12.1 or sx1250.1 both are very nice amps.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 129
lead slap? wat that?

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3640
its when the lead, the wire from the terminal to the voice coil, slaps the cone, makes a very annoying sound and is bad for the sub.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6441
^^word dustin, just ask nick v about it lol

i dont have any myself with my ssd luckily....and troy, the copper coils may make a big difference but mine with the flatwind coil just doesnt produce sound as clean as i wish

Username: Evanyukon

Post Number: 1
wats up i need some help on system i have a 04 Yukon and i just bought 6 crossfire bmfs and two 1400s but i think i want to do 8 cvrs or 2 18 i have the money and stuff but i dont know if i should put the crossfire in any ideas let me know

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6442
evan, make a new thread bud....you'll get more help that way

in that post, tell us what your looking for....spl, sql, sq....power available, electrical upgrades, budget, etc

Post Number: 2
and wat are those bl subs i herd of fi but not bl

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 130
juss another type

Post Number: 3
nvm same thing ..is the bt the best sires ?

Post Number: 4
spl and i dont care about budget around 4k .. i am tryin to get as loud as my buddy that has 6 w7s but i know thats going be hard and i just spent like 3500 on crossfire but dont want it anymore so

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 131
make your own thread evan. dont post in mine. haha

Post Number: 5
o i didnt get it my b man

Silver Member

Post Number: 680
If you're worried about tinsel slap (which I've never had a problem with) get the BL. Again, I've never had a problem.
Yanks, it's supposed to make a fair difference, in sq, but spl will suffer :-(

What kind of vehicle was this for again nick?

Post Number: 7
a 04 yukon

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2644
im kinda mad at you troy. youve got all those amps and still havent put them in. >=( just tell me somethin like "im waiting on batteries and a ho alty. im still saying rl-p or sonance!

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 131
I have a 18" eclipse titanium pro, the thing is a beast!!im selling it if your interested email me at chrismaskell1@gmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us