Amp turns on...sub wont turn on...

Bronze Member
Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 11
the amp turns on just fine with no protection light but there is no sound/power going to the sub...ive tested a 4 ohm p2 15"...and a 2ohm kicker cvr 15...the amp is a 750.1 kicker

Bronze Member
Username: Jones82joshua

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 29
First things I would check would be gain, subwoofer controls (on vs off) on cdplayer, rca's, speaker wire, x-overs.

Bronze Member
Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 12
well all of that stuff is good except i did swap the speaker wire but then i switched it back to tghe old speaker wire n still wouldnt work...and i see ur from yankton u still in highskool?

Bronze Member
Username: Jones82joshua

Yankton, SD USA

Post Number: 30
Nope, but if I were still I'd make the retards look intelligent :-)
Would've been class of 2001 but got bored late '99. Dropped out, started working full time and started messing with stereos for myself and most of my friends.

Check the speaker wire on the inside of the box going to the subs from the terminals? Is this a dual or single voice coil 2 ohm? I'd assume dual, check to make sure both are hooked up.
What head unit are you running, and how many sets of RCA's come out of the back of it? I've seen people use the wrong set, maybe double check that too..my Clarion DXZ855 requires that you go into settings and enable the sub rca's..
Is there a subsonic filter on the amp? if so try turning it off or down(for now).

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 8979
Check the RCA's. The Preouts on the HU might not work. Or the speaker outputs on the amp might not work.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3618
try new RCA inputs from somthing else... you could have a fried input which ussualy doesnt kick the amp into protect
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us