Subwoofer better than JLW7

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 58
Anyone know of any subs that can outbeat the JL W7 in terms of sq/spl? I heard the 9500 outbeats the JLW7. Is there any other subs out there that are comparable to the JLW7 in terms of Sq and gets loud also taking up a lot less space?

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 177
wtf is this you saying? JL are good but overrated on the price, you can do better for the money.

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1037
DD 9500 series

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6496
If you think something will "outbeat" W7 straight out in SQ & SQL, then you're living in a fantasy world. If that were true, JL would be out of business.
Although JL is priced in the high range, you are getting value for it. So to dream that something out there costing 1/4 of the price will destroy/outperform W7 is again, a f.a.n.t.a.s.y.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12893
"If you think something will "outbeat" W7 straight out in SQ & SQL, then you're living in a fantasy world. If that were true, JL would be out of business.
Although JL is priced in the high range, you are getting value for it. So to dream that something out there costing 1/4 of the price will destroy/outperform W7 is again, a f.a.n.t.a.s.y."

there are alot of subs that will "outbeat" a w7...and JL is still in business...and will remain in business until the other subs become more mainstream...JL makes great subs..but to say no other sub can compare is just ludacris

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5117
"So to dream that something out there costing 1/4 of the price will destroy/outperform W7"

What about something 3/4 the price?How about something 7/8 of the price :-)

I'm just giving you sh1t Isaac because we all know where this thread will go lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5118
Oh and you know what would shut everyone up Isaac?A video of you and your W7 in it's HO box involving a termlab and putting up a number.That way nobody will ever talk sh1t about JL once again or they'll talk a lot more :-).

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1192
I think that's a good idea Rob. I still think a w7 on a HO box 1000 RMS is really hard to beat.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 913
13.5 W7's are going for 500 on the internet.. Thats not that expensive... I've had a W7 and it is a very great subwoofer speciially having it paired with a jl 1000/1... Jl still sells cause they are very good subs and very reliable, but most of the time Rich people are out buying them... they either buy that or Critical mass.. Most Rapstars and football player and sht like that have JL

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15320
i'll say this. it is near impossible to find a single 12 inch sub with 1000wmrs that will beat a 12w7 in a ho box with the jl 1000/1. but with that money, you can get 2 subs and a more powerful amp that will sound way cleaner and louder. the jl ho box isn't small either so you can't say the space would be an issue.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5128
"13.5 W7's are going for 500 on the internet.. "

Are they offering warranty honored by JL on those?

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15327
this is the price quote i got last year when i wanted to buy it.

1 12w7 in a HO Box
1 JL Audio 1000/1
amp kit and installation

$2000. and they told me they were giving me a huge discount.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 2050
insane

Bronze Member
Username: Djb0501

Post Number: 40
I'm running a W7, and its a great sub, but by no means is it the BEST SPL sub or the BEST SQ sub. I could name better SQ subs (Focal Utopias, W6s) and SPL subs (BTLs, XXXs) off the top of my ehad. But I dont know that there's any sub on the market that mixes SQ and SPL as well as the W7 series, and I can't think of any other sub that sounds better or louder on only 1000 watts.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6255
not even a lot of money chad....lol

thats nuts

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.8 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 143
what kind of spl numbers have you heard on the w7 12 or 13

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2458
cant you get a tc 5200 for about the same price?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1201
ha ha Chad they wanted to rip you off. I think JL w7 is the best sub @ 1000rms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5132
Not only can you get a TC 5200 for the same price but an amp,box,high output alternator,1/0 Awg wiring and it will out do the JL audio gear with ease.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 954
"Are they offering warranty honored by JL on those?"

It can happen.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3592
i'd sell someone my jl 13w7 for $420 shipped :P

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15329
"ha ha Chad they wanted to rip you off. I think JL w7 is the best sub @ 1000rms."

lol man. i'd rather have the xxx you have over the jl sub. with 1000 wrms its still very efficient.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3593
idk chad.. i hooked up that JL 13W7 to my home reciever.. too very little power to get it moving

but i've rather have an 05 XXX 12" :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5134
"It can happen."

They can offer warranty but I'm not aware of online dealers that are backed by JL.

Bronze Member
Username: Djb0501

Post Number: 42
I went through an authorized dealer(and ended up paying a ton more, but it worked out) for all of my JL products, and it turned out to be a smart decision because my 13w7 came with a defective voice coil that gave out on me after about a week and a half of use. Fortunately, it was warrantied since I went through a dealer and they replaced it free of charge (replaced, not repaired).

If you buy from an online dealer, the warranty is void. You'll have to pay them to work on it, and if the serial numbers are missing they won't even accept it (which alot of times is the case with online dealers). The problem arises when you're that one in a thousand whose product comes defective; but even if its a manufacturers defect, not damage incurred from overuse, they will either make you pay for the service or not even work on it if you didn't go through a dealer.

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 59
Hey guys i appreciated all of the responses and all but no need to praise or defend the JL W7 subs. I know they are good in terms of sq and spl with least amount of watts going to them. But I want to know if you guys know of any brands that can compare with a cheaper price and takes up smaller space? Cus I know that the W7 subs requires the JL slash amps to pretty much get the max performance from them. Other amps will not do such a good job but those Slash series amp are expensive. Thats why i brought up this topic. Just want to know of any other alternatives in terms of SQ and SPL.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1202
My 15 XXX has more sq and spl than my old 3 15w6. Yes i am very happy with it and wouldnt trade it for no JL. XXX for life.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15330
i wouldn't either. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1203
Chad i need to come up on a second XXX than i will be loud.

Username: Bigbink

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 3
do most of you guys compete or use equipment for everyday use because fo everyday use some of the woofers you speak of is out of most peoples price range and to much power resonant xxx,jl w7,and others take a lot of power to run 1 woofer let alone 2 most cannot afford a $400 + amp or a batt and alt that cost another $500 +.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2510
hehe yep. all day everyday. =) im getting my 8k daily setup goind. AMPS SHOULD BE IN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5311
G. Irv,

Alot of the people around here have big systems...but if you are looking for nice lower prices SQ subs that get pretty loud...try out some Phoenix Gold RSd's.

A pair of RSd12's on ~600wrms of clean power would sound amazing for the $. I was literally stunned by the rich output those subs have. Get em in a ~4.5cuft box tuned around 34hz and they are amazing (for a ~$150 retail sub).

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 373
umm yeah there is a sub that can put the JL to shame and thats a infinity perfect kappa good tigh bass and they will live for ever

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2876
SoundSplinter's RLS and AudioPulse's Revo will destroy any JL woofer at SQ.

And lol @ spelling ludicrous -- ludacris like the rapper

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5266
"umm yeah there is a sub that can put the JL to shame and thats a infinity perfect kappa good tigh bass and they will live for ever"

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1617
I need to change my name after someone makes a comment like that under the same name. Did he really just say that?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us