2500-3000rms what amp?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1714
What amp would you reccomend for 2500-3000rms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1715
o ya it it needs to be at 2ohms so i was thinking mabey a kicker 2500D or possibly 2 nine.1's stapped

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2530
t30001bd? or t20001bd?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12285
kicker would be nice or a massive audio 3000 which does that 3000wrms at 2ohms too ......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1716
i have a P3000.1 and its currently being g@y so i think i may have to buy a new amp

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2126
atomic 5k

Gold Member

Post Number: 1717
i wish but i only have a 220 alt and i dont need more then like 3k anyway

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1145
I am selling an Earthquake D-10 for $550 shipped. Does 3,000rms @ 2ohm. (just getting this out there) but a guy from Canada in here (Cam) has 1st dibs but if he doesn't grab it then it will be up.

Seems like I post this up a lot lately as the opportunities keep arising for people wanting high rms amps! (need to sell so I can buy my RD subs)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5184
I'd probably go with a Kicker amplifier for that kind of power at 2 ohms.Maybe you should look into some Hifonics amplifiers.Did you look over on CA.com for any big amps?

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1772
zx 2500 ... absolute beast

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12293
i agree - the kicker is ur best option.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1718
ya i was thinking kicker. about how much do the used ones go for? I was also consitering 2 DD M1a's strapped but that would end up being more then a used kicker.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5203
Snarl if you're willing to shell out the money and want a bad a ss amplifier pick up the DD M3 it's well worth the money and there are a couple of them that can be had for under 1 grand on Caraudio.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1719
I need the power at 2ohms cuz my sub is DVC1 ohm. Otherwise i would deffinitly consiter the M3 becuase they are very nice amps.

I have a question about the kicker though. Above i said my amp wasnt working correctly. I have P3000.1 and i have heard that they are current hogs, but whenever i turn it up loud sometimes it stops for a second like the amp shuts off. I believe the amp isnt getting enough power but i dont know what to do about it becuase i already am running 0/1 and i cant fit any bigger wire in the power sorce for the amp. I think its not getting enough power becuase it only happens when i turn it loud and theres alot of bass. Its not voltqage drop or anything becuase i have a 220 amp alt and im only running the amp at a 4ohm load at the moment so im only pulling at most 2000rms. Its not clipping becuase all my settings on my HU are set correctly and the gain is less then half way up.

If i was to get the kicker i noticed it also only has one power connection so would it do the same thing if it couldnt get enough power?

Also does anyone have any ideas what i could do with my amp so i could keep it and not get a new one.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6643
still sounds like a current issue ....did you monitor voltage when sound stop occurs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1720
Ya. Well sorta anyway.

When i first got my P3000.1 i was using 4awg wire left over from my previous amp i had installed. It would do the stopping thing at medium volumes. I upgraded to 0/1 and it doesnt do the stopping thing untill higher volumes then befor.

When i had my stock alt my voltage meter would go down to 12 sometimes with my old amp. With my new alt the voltage hardly budges and is always around 14 volts so i know its not becuase of voltage drop. Besides like i said im only running the amp at 4ohms right now so im only getting 1800(i believe) but my new sub comes in next week and i will be running it at 2ohms to get the full rms out of the amp but if right now it does a stopping sorta thing at only like 1800rms then at 3000rms it will probly be alot worse.

Befor i do anything im going to hook up my spair batt and my new sub and wire it to 2ohms and see what happens its just worrying me if it does it at a 4ohm load then i would think it would be really bad at 2ohms.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6644
best thing is to check your voltage issues at the 4 ohm load because if you push it at 2 ohms and it does that theres a good chance you could blow your amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1721
well anytime it does it i turn it right down i dont let it just keep playing. I wanna c if it does it at all at the 2ohm load which it probly will. Wouldnt it be current issues not voltage issues though?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6645
thats already around a 190 amp draw to produce 2000 watts

Gold Member

Post Number: 1722
well the voltage gauge doesnt move at all. Plus the subwoofer level on my HU is 4 out of 8. Like i said the gain is way down. Also im deffinily not pulling more then 1200 cuz im only powering 2 sd2.5's (500rms rating each) im using them until i get my new sub next week. You can smell the subs get hot if you turn them up to loud so im guessing im only putting like 600rms to each.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6646
the 2.5's will take 600 rms for burps were doing it on a xenon 1200.1 set with a dmm to produce 600 rms but on the third burp its warm....little thing we learned tho....set it at a lower frequency because for us below burp frequency it produces more power checking with the dmm

Gold Member

Post Number: 1723
well in any case i highly doubt i was using more then 1200rms. That should be no problem for the P3000.1 Besides i had my earthquake 2000W/D1.1 and was getting 1000rms out of it with 4awg wire and i cant seem to get the 1200 or so out of my P3000.1 with 0/1 wire. there is deffinitly something wrong with that picture

Gold Member

Post Number: 5206
Sorry Snarl.I was thinking about a 1 ohm load for some reason.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1726
lol its ok. i think i may get a kicker in the future if this problem doesnt get resolved. But kickers also only have 1 power supply but alot of people use them and dont have problems so im sure they are fine.

Although im going to try and do 2 things. One is hook my second battery up which will be like 2ft from the amp so mabey that will help and also i noticed the wire i used for my big 3 was knuknoceptz wire and which i also used for my amp ground but i ran out of it for power wire so i buoght some used wire that is called rapter (i beileve) and when it was next to the knuknocepts wire it looked quite a bit smaller so i think im going to replace it with knukoncetz wire and see if that make a difference.

hopfully it does other wise ill have to look into buying another amp which is most annoying.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5208
If I were you I'd check over my grounds very carefully.Your ground may have a very high resistance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1727
well the ground for my amp is grounded in the same spot as my earthquake amp was grounded. Cant you use a dmm to check the resistence?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2916
^ Thats my thoughts. I would redo the ground as short as possible. And throw a meter on it to verify its a good ground. Also are the grounds under the hood ample?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1728
I know what setting to use on the dmm to check the resistence but what do i hook it up to? the power wire and ground on the amp...?

my ground for my amp is about 16" long mabey shorter

"Also are the grounds under the hood ample?"

not quite sure what you mean by that

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2918
Set the meter to read ohms. put one lead to the ground wire at the amp, and the other lead to a bare metal ground. It should read close to zero.
Make sure you disconnect the ground wire from amp first,

Upload

Did you use 0/1 from bat neg to chassis? and alt to bat? and engine to chassis?

And Beyma makes some crazy high current amps. Dont know the model... its 3000 wrms i think. google it.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 654
a good ground is .3-.4ohms or lower. anything higher and you should find a diff point.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1729
"Did you use 0/1 from bat neg to chassis? and alt to bat? and engine to chassis? "

ya

its hard to find a point to ground to but tomarrow ill check the resistnce and see what it says. does it matter which wire i touch to bare metal and which one to the wire. And any piticular spot i should touch the dmm to for the bare metal?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 655
the pos(red) should go to the grounding point and the neg. the chassis

Gold Member

Post Number: 1730
k thx

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 658
yup

Gold Member

Post Number: 1731
i used a dmm and got 0

Gold Member

Post Number: 1732
i finaly figured out the problem.

when i first got this amp i only wanted like 1/2 of the power it would give becuase im not running it on my 9515 yet itsw still on my sd2.5's. when i set my gain i though to myself 1/2 way up sounds like a plan.

Well just for the he!! or it i decided to set it with a dmm today. It turns out the the gain on my amp works funky. From 0 to 1/2 gain the voltage does up. From 1/2 to full gain the voltage stays the same. So it turns out i was runing it with the gain all the way up because i guess on my amp 1/2 is full gain.

But at least i figured it out before i harmed anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us