Fixing a slide puncture

Username: Ghavens1981

Lexington , Ky United states

Post Number: 7
what would be the best way to repair a slight maybe quater of an inch rip in the outer perimeter of my sub

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 285
I think silicone will work if its a rubber surround, dont know how it would work on foam tho. One of my friends did it to some old orions and it worked fine. What kind of sub is it?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10255
Catch it early b4 it runs on ya if it is a rubber surround. Eventually you'll probably want it replaced. Not hard to do yourself. Save some $$$ also, especially if it's a high end sub.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 401
if they're foam be careful. if you put to much it will be too heavy and tear it even more.
trust me i know

Post Number: 9
its a mtx 7500 with just a little place almost looks like the screw gun slipped during installation no biggie but want to fix before it expands

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 288
Those have rubber surround if im correct, right? Put a little dab of silicone from the inside of the sub and rub it around make sure you cover it completely so no air can force through. But be careful not to put too much, just keep the amount you put on there about the same thickness of the rubber surround itself and let it dry overnight. After all of that just kinda push on it a little and play with it to make sure its gonna stay sealed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Ok thanks and yes it has a rubber surround. it has not seemed to hurt the sound but i also dont wanna give it a chance too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us