El reno, Ok

Post Number: 203
do they carry sound better than ported?

meaning you can hear it from far away.

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10211
no sound carries the same no matter what it comes out of. Different HZ wave lengths travel farther and they tend to be in the upper hz range which BP enclosures tend to hit well. 55-80hz.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1430
are you asking which box will people outside your car be able to hear better?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2198
ported will be louder so you will hear it farther just depends the frequency

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 461
who cares if they can hear u or not. as long as u can hear it and it sounds good in the car

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5832
amen to that big edge....people have told me that my sub isnt loud outside my car but loud as hell inside the car....i ask them who the f0ck cares about how it souds outside....last time i checked, you drive inside your car and listen to the music inside of your car....

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2687
For some, the only reason to have a loud car system is so that other people will think they are cool. At any given high school you will see a group of kids with their Keeker subs that think they are the coolest sh!t ever when in reality they don't know much of anything at all about audio and are cack throating posers.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 227
Ported unless space is limited. How far away you hear it depends on how loud it is, your windows down, vehicle, frequency, and many other things.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 463
true brad. i know people like that. and there shi!ts weak too.lol

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10224
it's people like that that give us stereo fanatics a bad rep!!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11990
do note some subs due to its T\S specs should be prefered to go in a sealed box - however no 1 will kill u if u still port it ......

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 9320
There's a big comparison on this subject to bikers. All around there are noise ordinances on "sound pollution" coming from car audio. Have you ever been passed by a biker who has his pipes drilled out and it hurts your ears? It's a status symbol for them to parade around "being heard". Why isn't that illegal? It's one of the reasons I don't care for Harleys. I respect the heritage, just not what most ppl do that taints it. When I hear a honda smoothly riding by I grin. When a bored out, drilled piped hog passes by I make an expression equal to passing a stone.

I've been riding for 20 years. It's in my blood. Never have I wanted to be heard b4 my pleasure of riding first. JMHO.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 217
"For some, the only reason to have a loud car system is so that other people will think they are cool. At any given high school you will see a group of kids with their Keeker subs that think they are the coolest sh!t ever when in reality they don't know much of anything at all about audio and are cack throating posers."

hey dats not true i installed all my stuff and i just gradurated high school my shyt wasnt loud out side but everyone knew i had a system and i knew what i was doin. and the keekers i have now i bought just to seee how they were and i hate that i ever bought them. lol

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 927
I WAS like that back in high school. I used to have four 15"s in my hatchback Mustang. Two Rockford Punch Series 1's, and two....I don't even know that the other two were, in two seperate ported boxes running off a 600w max Legacy amp. I was the loudest at my school, next to a Bravada that had two 12"s in a bandpass and three 10"s in a sealed box.

Ahh the memories. My stereo did sound good though. I remember the first time I cranked it, I felt like I was gonna hurl. I hope I get that feeling again when I hook my new sh!t up in the new Mustang.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 928
As far as sealed boxes go ,it all depends on the car/install.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1449
"For some, the only reason to have a loud car system is so that other people will think they are cool. At any given high school you will see a group of kids with their Keeker subs that think they are the coolest sh!t ever when in reality they don't know much of anything at all about audio and are cack throating posers."

tell us how you really feel brad

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1450
i always thought itd be sweet to have like a 150 db system but have it not even noticeable outside the car...tad bit impossible but have so much sound deadening that its silent, no flexing, no sound outside the car, no rattling, and then when you open the door or a window its like 150 dbs

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10227
hahahaha Mark the series 1's lol I remember them:-) They stopped making them a long time ago. Back in the mid 90's they were the subs to have along with the punch's.

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 929
I found a pair.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-15-SUBWOOFERS-SERIES-1-SPPR-158-NR_W0QQit emZ130144219332QQihZ003QQcategoryZ18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10239
yup those are them:-)

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1625
"made in china"

Silver Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 932
The ones I had looked like this though...

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Rockford-Fosgate-raw-woofer-driver-Series-1-S1-412_W0QQit emZ130143281860QQihZ003QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us