Bypass for Clarion vrx775vd!!!

Username: Simona

CO USA

Post Number: 5
I recently purchased a Clarion vrx775vd on used some of the methods I have read on this site. Everyone says to purchase a toggle switch, which does work. What I did is I purchase a black 3 prong rocker switch and used that for it matched my interior and looks good. I then ran a wire directly from the negative post of the battery to the inrerior of the car under the dash. I put a female quick connect on each wire (wire from battery and light green e brake wire. I found a piece of black plastic which was like an L bracket out of an old schouche install kit. and mounted the rocker arm switch under the dash simply with screws. All I need to do is when the car is turned on the screen will say audio only. At that time just flick the rocker on and you will have a picture. Remember to turn the switch off when not in the car. just a flick of the switch and you can watch movies or whatever you like to watch while the car is in motion. I said it was a three prong rocker switch. Just use the ground(earth) prong for the wire coming from the battery, and the load prong for the e brake wire from the unit.
You all say you need to have a good ground. What better that the ground directly from the battery.

CO USA

Post Number: 6
The above post looks like a lot to do, but is just my detailed version of what i actually did. It really only took me about an hour to do, including going to the store to purchase the rocker switch. Which by the way you can get at Wal-mart. All I can say is be careful and drive with caution.

Username: Alonindi

Post Number: 1
Hi S.A!

I got the vrx775vd as well.
I would like you to explain me something.
Why did you use a 3 prong switch if you just connect two cables? (Ground wire directly from the battery and the other one is the grass green wite of the Clarion unit)
Is it possible for you to give me a "1 min" diagram in paintbrush of your solution?

Thanks in advance,

Alon

CO USA

Post Number: 7
image/bmpUpload
Clarion vrx775vd brake bypass.bmp (95.8 k)

CO USA

Post Number: 8
Upload

This is the best diagram I could do on paintbrush.
I hope it works for you. I used a 3 prong rocker switch because I liked the way it looked in my truck. You can also use a 2 prong or wire toggle switch.

Username: Alonindi

Post Number: 2
Thanks a lot for your help.
It looks like I have some work to do... :-)

Username: Cowbizzoy

Post Number: 1
I just got a 775VD... just wired in a home light switch, slid it under the dash steering column-ish out of view, but easy for the driver to reach - (right by my hood release) if i cross a beautiful switch, i might change it. Till then i had to drill nay a hole in my truck to mount a switch. I just used a hole that was already there...lucky me...!

Anyone find a code or other programmable backdoor?

Also you say to switch it off when not in the car - but in reality, if you're just mimicking what would happen if the e-brake was in fact engaged, as is the case when you leave the switch 'on'....i'm not so sure there is any harm in leaving it on...is there?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us