Rob.....come here

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

VENGEFUL SPIRIT

Post Number: 14526
hey i looked everywhere on that dota website and i can't find a place where i can learn how to mix the stuff to build things.

also why you log off so early man. i was hoping to get a game in. i was playing online yesterday and it sucked cause i kept being in scourge. i don't know how to use any of the characters there.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3917
That's because they changed the items page.You can see how to build the items right in the game.Simply hover over the item you want to create and read it right there.It will say "Requires" and then it will tell you exactly what you need.

For example one of the most commonly used items but requires the most parts is Sange and Yasha and it requires the following:

Ogre Axe
Belt Of Giant Strength
Sange Scroll
The above complete the item "Sange"

Blade Of Alacrity
Boots of Elvenskin
Yasha Scroll
The above complete the item "Yasha"

Sange
Yasha
Sange And Yasha Scroll
The above complete the item "Sange and Yasha"

Here.I told you to look at this several times and read it lol.

http://www.dota-allstars.com/items

Just hover over the items and read what they need.It tells you everything right there as well as what the items do.I finished my game and you had logged off so I figured you weren't playing man.If you join AP games you can choose from any of the 90+ heroes in the game.All you have to do is scroll down to the other taverns.

Platinum Member

VENGEFUL SPIRIT

Post Number: 14528
oh when you are on the game, i go to single player mode to play a game by myself. then i come back and you are gone.

stay online when you are finished. lol.

i got 2 kills and died 8 times in a game yesterday. this one dude kept killing me. all of a sudden he turns all dark and he just comes after me. at first he has some kind of a bow then when he turns all dark, he starts shooting something and runs real fast. i can't outrun it. lol. but i got him twice.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1576
Rob what's the average running time on a DOTA game on frozen throne? I'm thinking about getting it finally :-) ROC dota averages like 30 minute games, if it were much longer i don't think i could handle it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3918
"i got 2 kills and died 8 times in a game yesterday. this one dude kept killing me. all of a sudden he turns all dark and he just comes after me. at first he has some kind of a bow then when he turns all dark, he starts shooting something and runs real fast. i can't outrun it. lol. but i got him twice."

The only hero that runs fast at night is Night Stalker(Balanar) but he doesn't carry a bow,he's a melee hero.The only other hero I can think of is Spirit Breaker(Barathrum) who has a lock on ability and can see you no matter where you run and he progressively gets faster until he reaches max speed or gets to you(whichever comes first).

"Rob what's the average running time on a DOTA game on frozen throne? I'm thinking about getting it finally ROC dota averages like 30 minute games, if it were much longer i don't think i could handle it."

It depends on how good the players are that you're facing.One of the longest and closest games I played in was a 5vs5 and it lasted 2 hours long.I was playing against all my friends with my other friends.It was so close of a game but I got called a hacker and ended it with a score of 23-0.-I was Clinkz.I've also won games in less than 20 minutes.

Platinum Member

VENGEFUL SPIRIT

Post Number: 14531
can't wait til i go home to play again. lol

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1579
so average might be 45-60 minutes?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3919
Average is 45 mins Pitbull.Especially a public game when you're playing with me.I'd say 30-45 mins per game on average for a public game.

Platinum Member

VENGEFUL SPIRIT

Post Number: 14532
rob what is the character that looks like a snail kinda. lol. it looks funny but very powerful. yesterday this one dude was using him and he was pwning. he went 16-0.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3921
I believe you're talking about Slithereen Guard(Slardar).Put me in that game and see if he pwns so hard :-)

Platinum Member

VENGEFUL SPIRIT

Post Number: 14540
the dude was on my team. i told him i just started playing the game and he told me just follow him. that is how i got the 2 kills. cause he was there helping me. it was like playing the game with you. some people are so nice.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3925
Well,like I told you man you have to play extremely defensive when you're starting and then you can learn how to play offense.I played for a while and I wasn't that good but then I taught myself to never die and learned exactly when to be offensive.Then I just kept getting better and after I could handle controlling my hero I taught myself how to micro.

Platinum Member

VENGEFUL SPIRIT

Post Number: 14543
cut me some slack rob. i just started less than a week ago. lol.

i will get better. its just i need to start using some other heroes but i am too scared. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3928
Slack?!Psshh.You should be owning noobs by now :-( I taught you exactly what you needed to know to own pretty much anyone but I guess I have to train you more.I was on my own from the start but I taught myself fast.

Platinum Member

VENGEFUL SPIRIT

Post Number: 14545
you didn't have a rob back then to teach you. i have a rob that teaches me so i will learn quicker. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3929
I had my cousin to tell me of dota.He never even bothered to help me lol.He said ok we'll do 1v1 and he just killed me over and over and over and over and I was like this game is stupid!I can't do sh1t!So I learned how to play by myself and after a few days I was owning noobs and I'm now way better than my cousin of course but he's still my tourney partner and we haven't lost so...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us