What should I look for when...

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2530
My friend called me up earlier tonight and said the left side of his car's sound went out today. I'm not sure if that means that only one speaker or both went out... I never asked cuz I was working when he called. BTW its a factory radio in a 2001 Mazda 626.

I'm thinking that if only one speaker went out it could have lost a connection somewhere along the line. If it was both left speakers what do you think could have happened?? I told him I would check it out, but factory radios are not my specialty.

Whatcha think?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

I walk around like I g..., Yea thats ab... Half a brick...

Post Number: 8484
I think its time to upgrade:-)

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 306
i've dealt with this on a pontiac sunfires rear speakers and it racked my brain cause all wiring was fine. the oddity both bk speakers were blown but fronts were fine. best way i to get a spare speaker with long leads and see if the wires at the speaker work before u go rippin the dash out. if thier not workin then 2 things a wire came undone inside which isn't totally uncommon. and thier is also the chance the radios amp went out.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1455
this happeneed to me. one rca was bad.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 777
By factory radio, do you mean he used a LOC and added an amplifier and possibly aftermarket speakers or do you mean whole system is stock?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2535
It's a stock bose system. Nothing aftermarket.

BTW haven't taken a look at it yet so opinions can keep coming in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us