Pioneer premier or rainbow?

Silver Member
Username: Fearthisskyy

Dallas, Texas United states

Post Number: 238
i was bought on rainbow's cmx 265 kick line, but someone brought up the pioneer premier TS-C720PRS and i did some research and found a lot of good feedback, especially for the midbass.

which would ya'll recommend if i narrowed it down to those two?
would the Kick series make the midbasses close to each other and then just leaving the choice up to the tweets and crossover?

help to get my system started!

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1815
theres a set of the premiers on ebay for 265 shipped...

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME, BernyMac Edi...

Post Number: 3053
if the cost is in the 250 range, buy my cdt hd62/m6 comps. 250 shipped if you want.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2517
Pioneers!

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Post Number: 277
i have been running Pioneer's for the past year and a half and i love mine

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
i saw the 265 shipped, but since i live in texas i would have to pay tax and it would be around 290 then... sucks but might go for it still

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
if i plan on getting a pioneer premier 880prs, how difficult will it be for me to go active w/ this set? i have never done that before but i heard going active can be like night and day...

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
actually nvmd. I'm going to go active w/ DIY drivers!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4790
that prs set is very nice, and good choice on DIY do you know what your going with yet?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3318
i never used pioneer really, i had a set of tweeters that were rated at 45rms... i gave em 60rms and they smoked about a month later but they sounded good until then

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Team Fi Car Audio [:-]

Post Number: 1817
killa, there is a big difference between the premier TS-C720PRS and everything else pioneer has ever made... :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
going with the cliche Peerless Exclusives with Seas Neo Textile tweets.

Really want to try it out and see how I enjoy them, and if they're not right I'll just find other drivers to replace them with.

Do you know if you can go active on a Alpine W200? I am torn between getting a Premier 880prs or the W200 right now...

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4795
wow killa you smoke everything you have

but jedi- you might want to look at some peerless 7s and maybe LPG tweets or scan speak revelators and seas neo.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3471
"wow killa you smoke everything you have "

Rofl.

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
are you trying to say the Peerless Exclusives will go better w/ the LPG tweets and the ScanSpeak Revelators will go better w/ the Seas Neo?

I wanted to try the Peerless Exclusive 7s w/ the Seas Neo, would that be optimal or should I get LPG tweets?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4797
oh not really, i was just throwing some things out their. the exclusives will pair very nice with the seas. their is a tweeter showdown on diymobileaudio.com you should check out to see what you might like better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
I think I've read almost every review on both the Peerless Exclusives and the Seas Neo on diyma.com and for the most part, it's the best price/performance DIY set up I saw.

Now I just need to know if I can go active off the Alpine W200 alone or if I need to purchase the H701 because if I do need the H701 I will MOST LIKELY just end up buying a Premier 880prs... HELP ANYBODDDYYY?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4798
it doesnt look like you can go active with just the w200. you could always pick up a external active crossover you can usually get a used one for 75-100.

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
dang that blows... I think a touchscreen would look clean. But too bad I am on a budget I am trying to keep, I'm guessing the PioPremier 880prs will work...

I heard Premier HUs give off some ground noise sometimes... how can that be avoided?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us