Q logic bandpass port length?

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 108
i'm trying to figure out port length on a single bandpass for a 12 inch alpine type - r. it's a dual voice coil 4 ohm wired to 2 ohm. the fs is 29 hz the vas is 45 l {1.6ft} to the third. the box give me to ports each a foot in length. so i'm trying to find out how long to make each one to match my woofer. the link to the box is here
http://www.qlogic.ws/products/q_enclosures_detail.jsp?classID=55&categoryID=228& groupID=7929

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
not to be obnoxious but ::bump:: i really need to solve this one quickly !!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 5031
Sorry to say it man, but i would burn that box and build a ported box.

Try ~2cuft net tuned to 35hz for dialy...prolly sound 100% better than that prebuild bandpass.

W/ that bandpass box, you are going to get a big peak in SPL at ~55-60hz and nearly nothing in the 30hz-50hz range. But if you are going to keep that bandpass, just leave the ports 12" long for daily.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
well i can return it but best buys gonna kill me lol i returned so much shite. but if i go with a q logic wats going to really slam it home?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 5033
a hammer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
ha---ha, but seriously i don't have any real box builders around here and money as u can see is tight bassiclly for a year i been playing with best buy's store credit. so my only real option is a q logic atm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us