SoundSplinter vs. TC Sounds

Bronze Member
Username: Broosky333

Post Number: 23
okay...i am looking for something clean, tight and has great low end.....i want to try something different, but i don't know how well different will work so i was thinking....the something different would be to do 3 or 4 8" Soundplinter RL-i8 Subwoofers in a ported box tuned somewhere around between 28 and 32 hz....the 8s from what i have heard are kind of like the old eD A series flat cone 8s....and io think i could egt the low end i want from these 8s...think so? on the other hand i have been tempted by the TC Sounds TC-2000 sub...i was thinking of doing 2 12s in a sealed box or possibly another ported box tuned low...what do you think? be different and go for the 8s or play it safe with the 12"s?

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor01

Post Number: 73
soundsplinter is made by tc sounds... as was the old ed "a" 8 (and all the old (flatcone) ed subs...) either one is a nice choice, but comparing 2 12's to 8's is not fair, though either

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 276
SoundSplinter subs are made by TC, just like cwilk said. But they are not the same as the TC offerings. They share parts but they are not the same sub woofers. The best place to ask about SoundSplinter subs is on the SoundSplinter forum at www.SoundSolutionsAudio.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
yeah i knew that soundplinter and a few other brands are built in the TC buildhouse...who else is there? Ascendant? Fi?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3200
i think eclipse, and some lighting audio stuff is made by tc. as for your question 4 8's ported should get loud and sound real good, espically th rl-i. those are beasts.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3201
WTF bump b1tch.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY

Post Number: 178
TC Sounds!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
yeah those eD 8s were beastly....it's been a while, but do you think they will hit the low end the way i would like them to?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us