Best woofers or woofer, on 2400 RMS

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1202
^^ like it says, ive got a massive P3000.1 and 2 WMD's. once the summer is over should have money for new woofers. whether it be a single or dual sub setup what do you guys think has the POTENTIAL to get the loudest off of 2400 watts?? (because ofcourse box and install play about 80% of teh SPL equation) so far ive thought about

2 15" HD3's
2 18" alphas
1 18" apx
1 18" HW
1 18" HD3 (once its released sometime (hopefully) in late june)
1 18" BTL

can think of much else. got 9 cubes to work with (external) and wantin spl with a small small, hint of musical ability.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1163
ill let you know about that apx, cause i ordered one, or that new 18 hd3 would be nice also.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1203
damn chase, i saw in one of your threads about your next system. sh!t looks dope as hell man.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1164
thanks man, i hope it is. lol. you have some pretty nice choices. what about those rd heavy weights instead of an alpha?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1204
yeah def thinkin bout one. there very very expensive though.

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 613
do u have an estimated budget? n' do u only like those brands or do u want to throw in DD and such? out of that list i'd personally get the 18" apx. one of the cheapest options on there too

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 614
2 DD 3518's ;) KILLER

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5102
saw 4 15 inch 9500digital designs hit 158.1 db today..good subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1205
well i do love me sum DD's however i didnt include DD for the sole purpose that each woofer wont see over 2400 rms no matter what and for that amt of power/budget constraints i feel as if AQ is superior to DD. i dont honestly wanna spend more than 1k on subs. and if i go with a one sub setup i think it would be hard to beat an APX that can handle 5k daily.

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 615
i agree. 1 sub setup get the apx for strictly spl. plus they r sorta musical i hear? never heard one on music

Gold Member

Post Number: 1207
bump for unique suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2761
The hd3's are very efficient on 2400rms total power. I don't have experience with any of the other woofers so I can't recommend any of them to you. Just telling you how efficient the hd3's are on 1000rms or so each.

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 778
On 2400 rms, we can custom build a Super Heavyweight to be musical and work great off 2500-3000 daily.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1316
2 15" HD3's FTW

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 632
I agree.. Or a fully loaded 18" BTL would be nice.. Maybe 2 if u got a Memphis 4k
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us