Bass Boost...

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1298
OK...I know a lot of people say don't use it, but why not? Some people use it a little bit, and amatures use it all the way up. I guess I don't understand what's wrong with using it. Will it cause clipping, poor sound quality, what? I mean, it's there for a reason, right?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2784
Ya, it is there for noobs to ask questions about it, lol. This topic has been covered soooo many times and the same arguements arrise, do a search you will find what you are looking for...Polo. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4832
IT WILL CAUSE CLIPPING??? IT DEPENDS IN ALOT OF WAYS IF U GOT YOUR GAIN SET CORECTLY U CAN EVEN USE THE FULL 18+ BASS BOOST WITOUT CLIPPING IF ITS A GOOD AMP AND WELL MADE... IF ITS A PYRAMID OR CLASS LIKE THAT THE BASSBOOST WILL ONLY ADD WILL BE DISTORTION....

YES I DO HAVE BAS BOOST IN MY RID ONLY ABOUT 3/8 ITS FINE FOR ME

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 274
I use the bass remote if that's what you mean. I have to turn my bass down when my GF is in the car with me. It makes it alot easier.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1299
It's a cheap Kenwood on an L7. So it's not going to make it any worse SQ lol. I just wanted to know if it will harm anything. I have it like 1/4 of the way up right now and I set the gain with a DMM so that is correct.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4835
IF UR GAINS ARE OK YEAH ITS COOL TO USE THE BASS KNOB ONLY MAKE SURE WILL NEVER GO 3/5 OR4/5

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1300
Sorry...I kinda missed what you're saying Rob. You say DON'T go over 3/5 or 4/5?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1301
BUMP DAMN IT!

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 550
yes dont go over 3/5 or 4/5 is wat hes sayin

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 569
Drew posted a vid that eD did. it cant cant be explained easier.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 682
As mentioned by Why, here's the video.

http://www.icixsound.com/iv/view_video.php?viewkey=c13838ff95ccfa94cebd

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4947
Ok...people are always arguing over bass boost, but no one ever explains what bass boost really does. SO, here it goes:

Bass boost is just that....a boost at a certain freq. Most amps have the BB centered at 45hz, thus when you turn the BB up you get a boost at 45hz. The freq above and below 45hz are boosted also, but the actual boost in sound will look like at parabola.

It does not boost all freq., because of this your amp will *try* to produce more power around 45hz. This attempt to increase the power output will lead to clipping around that freq.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 685
If you backed down on your gain a bit and used a bit of BB, would you get a bit more flatter response? Stronger low end?

Without BB, does the power look like a parabola also?

I can make pictures if its too hard to understand :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2791
"Ok...people are always arguing over bass boost, but no one ever explains what bass boost really does."

You also have to determine if it is a bass boost knob or a "Remote gain level attentautor" Lmfao..Polo..

PS- Seriously...

Bronze Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 96
"http://www.icixsound.com/iv/view_video.php?viewkey=c13838ff95ccfa94cebd"

Damn!!lol eva one is using the vid i posted

Sry just had to take credit 4 it, cause i posted it, then eva one takes it from me b@stards lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us